Issaquah, Washington - Added Jan 8th, 2021Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Iconic Seattle based company has an immediate need to add an Internal Auditor to their team. If you would like to transition from public accounting to Corporate Audit, and be a part of a brand that is recognized globally, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for! Join this highly successful organization and work with an elite team of seasoned managers who will take your career to the next level. You'll be a part of a collaborative team where you will continue to grow and develop within audit, and have the ability to advance your career within this "world class" organization. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in planning and developing the scope of individual audits, which may include procedures that verify Company assets are properly accounted for and protected from loss or review of processes to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs audits and reviews the adequacy and application of accounting, financial, data processing, administration and operating controls. Based upon findings, recommends improvements to potentially enhance operating efficiency and effectiveness, reduce exposure to loss, or increase profits.
- Performs walkthroughs and control testing to assess the Company’s internal control over financial reporting in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Assesses test results for potential deficiencies.
- Participates in the identification and development of audits for new or changing business activities.
- Participates in the drafting of technical memos, including scoping documents, individual audit reports, and other written communications.
- Participates in the continuous development of the Internal Audit department policies, procedures and strategy execution.
- Tracks personal performance to ensure assigned job responsibilities are executed at the highest quality and within the established timelines. Proactively communicates potential changes in audit scope, identified issues or project timing.
- Performs special projects for the Audit Committee and Management as requested.
- Assists in other areas of the department/Company as necessary.
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
- Degree in accounting or business/finance with an emphasis in accounting with goal of attaining a CPA, CIA or CMA designation.
- Availability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (potentially on short notice) up to six weeks per year.
- Ability to work well under pressure, striving for excellence while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Self-starter with the ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results with a proven history of consistently meeting deadlines.
- Eagerness to have a positive impact on the Internal Audit Department and the Company.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to make analytical and objective evaluations of detail processes and controls, challenging information to ensure its accuracy.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of personnel and Management.
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and within a team.
- Extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency and flexibility to work longer hours when business needs arise.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities along with changes in priorities.
Flexible work hours, 40-50 hour work week, incredible benefits, and defined career path!
Job ID: 8649