IT Development and Test Engineer
Our client, a provider of hardware and software advanced communication products, is seeking a talented Development and Test Engineer to join their Product Development team. This is a 3 month contract position located at our client’s Tigard, Oregon office.
What it takes: You have in-depth experience in operating systems (Windows, VMware ESXi, Linux) and writing code to automate and test these systems. You are an expert in troubleshooting complex hardware and software issues. You approach problems no one has yet encountered, with a solution-oriented mindset and a track record of success.
- Develop and implement procedures/scripts for configuration and testing of hardware and systems.
- Integration, test and troubleshooting of hardware, software and networking for products
- Ability to write and create documents and procedures for internal and external users.
- Produce and support hardware/software systems for Marketing, Sales, and End Customers
- Responsible for quality levels maintained in products
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- United States Citizenship required
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years software, test or system engineering industry experience required
- Professional experience writing code to automate IT functions using Python
- Experience with multi-threaded programing and best-practices
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server required
- Experience with PC hardware and troubleshooting required
- Experience with VMware Vsphere (ESXi) and Linux strongly desired
- Experience with PowerShell is desired
- Experience with Ansible is desired
- Hands-On Experience with IP Networking and Networking Devices (Switches, Routers and Firewalls) is desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent Professional that can perform job assignment with limited supervision
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds of test equipment at least 40 feet
- Accuracy and attention to detail and quality orientation a must
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.