PS Communications Specialist
Our client a fully integrated energy company, providing sustainable energy solutions to customers across the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a Communications Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for developing, managing, and delivering communications initiatives, including communications content for public relations, social media, internal communications, and stakeholder communications. The person in this position will be a skilled writer and copy editor with experience managing a variety of communications projects, tasks, and deadlines.
Payrate: $30.00-$35.00 DOE
Location: Portland, OR.
Contract: Ending 12/31/2021, with possibility of extension.
Key Responsibilities for Communications Specialist:
- Develop, write, and edit external and internal communications, including communications plans, presentations, speeches, newsletters, press releases, fact sheets, case studies, web copy, blog and social media posts, and other general communications projects and initiatives.
- Review and copy edit communications, including public meeting notes and other organizational and program communications, to ensure consistency, readability, and alignment with Energy Trust style.
- Collaborate with colleagues to gather information and input for development of content and communications plans.
- Apply standard project management techniques to communications projects, including developing project schedules, meeting interim and overall project deadlines, communicating with project team members, and resolving issues to keep projects on course.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to articulate ideas, problem solve and bring a team to resolution.
Requirements Communications Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, political science, public affairs or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible professional communications and project management experience.
- Superior writing skills: applicant must submit a writing sample with application materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, experience with SharePoint a plus.
- Strong AP knowledge and demonstrated skill in copy editing.
· Attention to detail, commitment to quality and a passion for clear and effective communications.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, organize and plan for effective development and delivery of communications projects.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PS / BH #8721