IT - Electrical Engineer
We are assisting our client, a well-established precision automation solution company, with their recruitment for an experienced Electrical Engineer. This individual will be responsible for architecture, design, development, and implementation of custom electrical systems for precision automation application. This position is located in the Portland, OR area (Tigard) and is an onsite position at our client’s facility. The initial contract length is 2 months, with the possibility of extending beyond that.
· Use AutoCAD Electrical software to create electrical schematics for automation equipment.
· Component specification, selection, and integration including motors, controllers, servos, robots, power supplies, circuit breakers, cameras, lasers, filters, and sensors etc.
· Electrical panel design and layout (2D, 3D).
· Implement designs that meet standards including UL, NFPA, and CE.
· Participate, coordinate and monitor electrical design for projects by working closely with mechanical and software groups.
· Create Bill of Material/specification for purchases of materials.
· Communicate and work with project manager & client during all phases of project.
· Support assembly and debugging activities when system is assembled. Provide support during power up and integration phase in the factor or at customer site.
· Work closely with fellow Electrical Engineers to achieve reusable designs.
· U.S. Citizenship required
· U BSEE or MSEE (preferred).
· 3-5 years of direct and hands on electrical engineering experience in automation/manufacturing industry.
· Ability to make schematics and drawings to implement controls using AutoCAD Electrical.
· Experience implementing electrical controls for motion controllers, servo/stepper motors robotics, stages, power supplies , safety circuits, making panel based electrical controls, pneumatic circuits, vision systems, sensors would be needed on a daily basis for this position hence experience hands on experience is required in these areas.
· Familiarity with safety requirements and risk assessments.
· Experience working in a product lifecycle management software environment, implementing ECO/ECR a plus.
· Familiarity with UL, NFPA79, & CE standards a plus.
· Strong PLC experience preferred.
· Demonstrated experience designing and integrating automation tools.
· Excellent collaborator in large teams.
· Industrial automation electrical schematic/layout/assembly design experience.
· Ability to effectively use AutoCAD Electrical for schematics and layout.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Ability to work in a fast pace environment, manage schedule and to handle work/delivery pressure on a day-to-day basis and be able to adopt to changing requirements.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· UL, NFPA, CE standards.
· Ability to be creative and to find better ways of doing things.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 10 lbs. at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates, walk to and from manufacturing area (located in same facility) on a daily basis.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.