Sr. Financial Analyst
The SFA position involves the application of analytical skills to generate support for senior management and review of the division’s financial performance. The position also involves the application of accounting principles to solve practical everyday problems.
This position operates within somewhat flexible parameters. The primary goal of this position is to drive improved profitability with pricing, marketing and analytical support.
- Build financial models to identify areas of opportunity and influence decision making
- Works with Finance Director to continually look at improvements to the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Take the lead in planning, developing and implementing new strategic initiatives to support leadership in driving the business forward.
- Assists in maintaining and further development of Hyperion, reporting through Hyperion and Excel models used in the budgeting and forecasting processes and reporting.
- Provides assistance in the preparation of presentation materials.
Internal Control Responsibilities:
Supports the Company’s Internal Control process which includes understanding, communicating and complying with defined internal controls as well as suggesting and making modifications to the policies, procedures and controls to better relate to the business. Communicates upward problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Minimum five years of experience in financial analyst role or professional accounting
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work and cooperate with others to complete projects
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with multi-tasking and juggling multi priorities
- Experience with and ERP financial system (Oracle and Hyperion) preferred
- SQL and Big data experience would be a significant advantage