IT Performance Engineer
Job Title: Performance Engineer
Work Authorization: Not offering sponsorship at this time
Position Type: 6-month Contract
*Unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates*
Our client, a local nonprofit organization focused on elevating education worldwide, is looking for a remote Performance Engineer. This is a 6-month temporary assignment (with possibility for assignment extension), where you can work remotely from any location in the U.S.
You are passionate about the software performance and see it as an integral piece in the SDLC. Instead of just focusing on locating the performance of an application, you look at the entire workflow for ways to increase system performance. You will be part of a team that influences the expansion of cloud solutions for speed, scale, and high availability.
Performance testing complex applications can be daunting, so you look to speed up the process by automating what you can. You work well cross-functionally to articulate performance issues and influence others to make performance improvements. You must be genuinely curious to analyze performance issues that you identify – this isn’t a throw-it-over-the-wall environment.
You have a solid base of knowledge in performance engineering, associated technologies and have experience in AWS. You’re highly organized and manage your time well.
- Instill trust: gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Communicate effectively: develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus: build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Drive results: consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
Education & Experience Requirements
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer, with a specific focus on system performance.
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; or equivalent work experience and/or education in lieu of a degree
- Experience conducting system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability.
- Experience analyzing root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions.
- Experience working cross-functionally to articulate, measure and solve performance issues.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with JMeter or other performance tools
- Experience with Java and NodeJS
- Experience with SQL or NOSQL
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Needs to be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.