IT Performance Engineer
Our client, a local nonprofit organization focused on elevating education worldwide, is looking for a remote Performance Engineer. This is a 6-month temporary assignment (with possibility for assignment extension), where you can work remotely from any location in the U.S.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the software performance and see it as an integral piece in the SDLC. Instead of just focusing on locating the performance of an application, this individual will look at the entire workflow for ways to increase system performance. This person will be part of a team that influences the expansion of cloud solutions for speed, scale, and high availability.
This individual will look to speed up the process by automating what he/she can and work well cross-functionally to articulate performance issues and influence others to make performance improvements. The ideal candidate must be genuinely curious in order to analyze performance issues that are identified.
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer, with a specific focus on system performance.
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; or equivalent work experience and/or education in lieu of a degree
- Experience conducting system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability
- Experience analyzing root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions
- Experience working cross-functionally to articulate, measure and solve performance issues
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with JMeter or other performance tools
- Experience with Java and NodeJS
- Experience with SQL or NOSQL
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Good communication skills
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.