IT Temporary Network Security Engineer
Our client is seeking a Network Security Engineer for their Portland, Oregon location. The right individual will implement, administer, and/or monitor bank security systems and solutions that encompass perimeter defense, security operations, identity and access management, and incident response. Systems and processes may include, but are not limited to: Firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, content filtering, data loss prevention, vulnerability management, endpoint protection, network access control, security information and event management, identity governance and administration, single sign on, public key infrastructure, privileged account management, security monitoring, data analysis, alert tuning, and incident triage. Day to day tasks entail supporting, maintaining and enhancing technical controls to prevent, detect, or respond to cyber-security threats; comply with regulatory standards; or align to industry best practice.
If you think you would be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Requirements of Network Security Engineer:
· Associate, vocational or technical degree in information security preferred.
· Certification required: GSEC, GCIH, CHFI, CCNA, CIAM, Security+, CSA+ or equivalent.
· Prefer 5-8 years of information technology.
· Requires 1-3 years of information/cyber security experience.
· Demonstrated experience with administering enterprise services including client and server systems, security tools and applications, directory services, firewalls, IDS/IPS, security gateways, routers, and switches, required.
· Knowledge of operating system fundamentals, networking fundamentals, network protocols, web applications, and critical security controls.
· Knowledge of common attacker tactics and techniques.
· Knowledge of internal audit concepts and regulatory requirements (e.g. SOX, GLBA, etc.).
· Ability to prioritize tasks and work though issues and obstacles with minimal guidance and coaching.
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
· Proficient written/verbal communications skills.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP / 8744