PS Program Support Specialist 2 (9725)
Program Support Specialist 2
(Energy Efficiency Program Implementation)
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for a Program Support Specialist for their Portland, OR. office. In this position you will provide support to the program managers, sector leads, and other staff in the day-to-day operation of agricultural, commercial, industrial, federal, and residential energy efficiency program implementation. Provide program support for the development and implementation of new methods of leveraging technology, reducing energy consumption, and implementing conservation practices, reducing demand on the transmission grid, and benefiting the environment.
This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis.
It also includes employer paid benefits!
Location: Portland, OR.
Responsibilities of Program Support Specialist:
- Assist utility customers and participants by phone and email with implementation of management approved efficiency program requirements.
- Track, document, archive, and respond to emails and phone calls.
- Respond to questions including timing of implementation, location of program materials and forms, training opportunities, and collaboration opportunities.
- Answer inquiries related to lighting calculator issues: including providing direct guidance towards simplest reliable methods vs. best practices, reviewing lighting calculator files for utilities.
- Recommend process improvements, and enhance customer service, response time, and quality.
- Draft communications with contracted vendors.
- Review monthly reporting submittals, invoices, and other contract deliverables to provide recommendations on adherence to contract, quality checking of pricing schedules, and other various contract terms and conditions.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency program enhancements and document opportunities/corrections in department tracking spreadsheets.
- Attend and participate in meetings; provide updates or deliver short presentations to share work progress and deliverables; set up virtual meetings and take notes as requested.
- Provide event coordination and other assistance for in-person, telephone and web-based events.
- Track project and program deliverables/milestones; provide weekly status updates to designated staff; identify any delays or risks.
- Monitor efficiency measure development, regional offerings, and energy savings for assigned technologies and provide findings to manager or other assigned staff to support program development and operation.
- Support energy efficiency programs by maintaining and updating program materials and verifying the most current versions are readily accessible to utility customers and stakeholders, including sector content and materials posted to the website.
- Assist the sector lead and other designated staff with the creation of technical and program training materials and presentations.
- Contribute to program fact sheets, marketing materials, and other program support collaterals.
- Perform data mining, tracking, analysis, reporting, and presentation support.
- Assist in the development and implementation of approved project plans for internal reporting tools and software tools.
- Assist in documentation development, developing, and reviewing workflows, recommending project milestones and timelines, tracking progress of deliverable development, and conducting quality assurance/control testing of tools.
- Create ad hoc reports on a variety of sector projects and initiatives including program expenses and budgets and kilowatt-hour savings.
- Conduct spreadsheet analysis, develop infographics, and develop and deliver presentations about the data.
- Support sector research and report preparation to include infographics, memos and/or summaries on various energy efficiency related subjects including program/project level potential for savings and costs, market status and trends, technical approaches, program design concepts and related barriers, data analysis, lighting and HVAC design, and emerging technologies.
Requirements Program Support Specialist:
- Knowledge / experience related to energy efficiency program implementation.
- Project management experience preferred – not required.
- Strong data analysis and writing skills, sufficient to analyze data and create reports or technical documents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science, or related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PS / #8760