PS Operations Analyst 2 (9733)
Operations Analyst 2
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for an Operations Analyst for their Vancouver, WA. location. A successful candidate for this position will enjoy working with engineers and utility specialists with varied backgrounds, be willing to take on technical challenges, and be able to effectively translate systems knowledge into clear writing. This position supports the development of standards, guides, and agreements for interconnected operations. This position will provide operations analysis support for Automatic Generation Control (AGC) performance, trouble shooting, and emerging technical requirements.
This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis.
It also includes employer paid benefits!
Responsibilities of Operations Analyst:
- Support the Operations Control Supervisor with workload tracking and planning by collecting and categorizing workload data, maintaining, and monitoring the team workflow project management tools and providing recommendations on workload prioritization.
- Maintain Operations Control data in Operations Workload Center Work Portfolios and the Ops Monthly Demand Management Report.
- Interpret and translate processes and system modifications used in grid operations into technical specifications used by IT experts to develop software applications.
- Interpret and translate processes and system modifications used in grid operations into documented processes and training guides used for these applications.
- Interview subject-matter experts (SMEs) and system users to gather information on automated systems, their behaviors and work processes that support the reliable operation of system.
- Translate technical engineering criteria, rules and processes into reports, processes, and training guides.
- Draft technical documents containing business rules and requirements.
- Clear up ambiguous language or instructions and write technical documents that result in accurate systems controls that function as planned.
- Review, revise, and edit documents as needed to verify successful systems operation.
- Coordinate key efforts among various technical teams charged with improving transmission business operations, scheduling, integration of renewable resources, and other matters affecting transmission operations:
- Verify that teams are operating in lockstep with one another (i.e., that analyses and evaluation activities are in sync) and that technical documentation is cohesive and consistent by adhering to established work processes and conducting verification and validations with all appropriate SME’s.
- Verify follow-through on actions required by monitoring Change Requests and project timelines.
- Verify that documentation requirements are understood and completed within required timeframes by performing documentation reviews and adhering to project timelines.
Requirements of Operations Analyst:
- 2 Years’ experience with process development.
- 2 years’ experience with project management.
- Expert level experience with MS SharePoint.
- Expert level skills with Excel, including Pivot Tables, Charting & Reporting.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Knowledge of Visio and/or other Flowchart Tools.
- Prior electric utility work experience.
Educational Requirements of Operations Analyst:
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Business Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science (or related field) is preferred. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business and operations analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PS / BH #8766