PS Inventory Specialist 2 (9737)
Inventory Specialist 2
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for an Inventory Specialist to join their Vancouver, WA. team. This position works with internal customers, such as Heavy Equipment Mobile Mechanics, parts room personnel, warehouse personnel, outside vendor’s Fleet management etc. The Inventory Specialist in this position will provide internal inventory data management and process analysis support to assist with the optimization of inventory levels, inventory data accuracy, increased service, and communication with clients. Assisting with monitoring and tracking needed parts, resolving order delays, issues, or client questions; conducting inventory analysis; and provide recommendations for the improvement of organizational processes, procedures, and practices.
- This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis.
- Includes employer paid benefits!
- Location: Vancouver, WA
- Wage: $28.00/hr. / fulltime.
Responsibilities of Inventory Specialist 2:
- Assist in maintaining optimal inventory levels by performing routine reviews and analysis based on program requirements and historical usage; recommend changes for Fleet management consideration.
- Maintain established inventory management reporting processes / procedures; design and recommend new reporting tools, processes, and procedures; assist with implementation of Fleet management-approved recommendations and other similar initiatives.
- Provide material analysis by routinely reviewing the historical inventory usage reporting compared with knowledge of equipment within EAM reports.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the online parts catalog; entering / establishing new catalog IDs; reviewing / auditing existing catalog IDs for accuracy and completion; research missing catalog information; delete / remove obsolete IDs / entries.
- Conducting physical inventory and product performance reviews and analysis as needed.
- Querying, compiling, and analyzing various commodity data reports, offering recommendations as noted.
- Provide support and response as requested to provide reporting and answer questions regarding parts requests, purchase requests, inventory quantities, order due dates, and other parts / equipment inquiries.
- Participate on cross-discipline teams to research, analyze and review data to investigate root causes of parts failures, delays, process bottlenecks or other issues. Work with Fleet management to develop/recommend corrective actions.
- Conduct inventory process and standardization reviews; provide improvement recommendations; support implementation of Fleet management-approved recommendations, projects, and initiatives.
- Support internal and external clients with inventory data inquiries (delivery logistics, parts due dates, order status, discrepancies, processes, delivery condition, etc.). Research and respond to routine questions; transfer / refer more complex inquiries to Fleet manager, team lead or other appropriate federal personnel.
- Review parts requests to confirm all government-furnished materials were ordered and will be available at time of need.
- Provide stakeholders with written and/or a verbal overview of parts Management program procedures; clarify / respond to routine questions; transfer / refer more complex inquiries to Fleet manager, team lead or other appropriate federal personnel.
- Advise of parts delivery delays or other material issues and keep updated throughout resolution.
- In coordination and collaboration with HMEM’s, assist in expediting parts, tracking down missing or incomplete shipments of parts, and resolving material availability issues.
- Validate deliverables received; alert Fleet manager, team lead or other appropriate federal personnel of any missing or damaged goods.
- Compare product labels, tags, or tickets, shipping manifests, purchase orders, and bills of lading to verify accuracy of shipment contents, quality specifications, and/or weights.
Requirements Inventory Specialist 2:
- 2 years hands-on experience in inventory management and/or materials procurement is required.
- Experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- History of working in parts rooms for heavy equipment or similar.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
Educational requirements of Inventory Specialist 2:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Computerized Logistics or related field is preferred.
- With a Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields, 5 years of supply chain and/or logistics experience is required.
- With an Associate’s degree in applicable fields, 7 years of supply chain and/or logistics experience is required.
- Without a degree or with a degree not in applicable fields, 9 years of supply chain and/or logistics experience
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PS / #8770