IT Business Systems Analyst 3 (N-IT) (9729)
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - PeopleSoft
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst to add to their Financial Systems & Automation group at their Portland location.
This is a 12-month contract with full benefits. While currently remote due to COVID, this role is only open to local candidates. US Citizenship is REQUIRED.
This position has a specific initial focus on support of the Finance PeopleSoft application, Finance PeopleSoft integrations with HR PeopleSoft and Asset Suite 9; Security/role, Operational support for the Financial Management System(s), and potentially, other projects/assignments of similar size and scope. This position will serve as an analyst and collaborate with the manager, team members and business stakeholders to: clarify business operations, functions, requirements, provide gap analysis, document/map current and future states, identify and recommend solution alternatives, evaluate alternatives, and develop/draft and/or recommend resulting business and change management approaches, strategies, processes, procedures, workflows, etc.
Responsibilities of Business Systems Analyst:
- Provide user access and security to the Financial Management System and other associated systems within Finance.
- Resolve production issues in the Financial Management System(s).
- In collaboration with the FC staff, technical lead(s) in IT, Sponsor and Project teams, resolve break-fix issues.
- Perform root cause analysis and solve difficult problems with effective solutions by pursuing missing information and data requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and recommend next steps, document via a CRM ticket for Tech team; work with Tech team to fix and track defects; recommend interface changes and screen configuration.
- Create and update test cases for upgrades to the PeopleSoft Financial system.
- Provide technical expertise to project teams for F software upgrades to:
- Add new functionality to existing PeopleSoft Financial systems.
- Support implementation of new systems and process improvements.
- Assess the viability of new system functionality provided in new releases or patches to applications or new applications.
- Study the effect of changes on overall system operation.
- Review recommendations for new capabilities.
- Track new system installation and testing, user training, and the modification of existing systems.
- Provide systems planning support, draft use case/requirements, and provide system mapping to foster the integration of upstream and downstream systems.
- Study the system, system operations and maintenance issues, business practices, and procedures to determine the scope and content of specialized training programs designed to increase the skills and knowledge of staff members.
- Prepare and support structured management of business documents and artifacts, such as training documentation, desk procedures, quick start guides, system requirements, and process designs; publish documents to systems and document storage sites.
- Facilitate system testing; prepare or assist with preparation of test plans as appropriate to the scale of the changes to the system; collaborate with project/system staff on scope and rigor of testing, help arrange for testers, coordinate test plans, help implement testing, test if required, and compile or assist with compilation of test results; communicate or assist with communications with system IT staff on test plans, testing, and test results.
- Maintain, update and track defects and enhancements in defect tracking tool; prepare and present reports to staff.
- Research, interview internal customers / end-users, stakeholders and other interested internal parties to gather and understand customer / end-user requirements which may include software solutions; present solution recommendations for management, executives, and stakeholders consideration and approval.
- As requested, perform appropriate testing of recommended and/or management-approved solutions, including creating/drafting and recommending new analytical tools or components, new or revised workflows, processes, standards, business-case criteria, and/or mitigation measures.
- Collaborate with IT developers and subject matter experts to convey the management-approved technical vision and to analyze potential tradeoffs between usability and performance needs; work with appropriate manager / personnel to reconcile and facilitate acceptable “tradeoffs”.
Requirements of Business Systems Analyst:
- US Citizenship is Required
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Management (or closely related field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business and systems analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 2 years’ Finance PeopleSoft experience with experience using or analyzing Peopletools, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Deal Management, Lease Administration, Asset Management, General Ledger modules.
- 2 years’ experience with system development, testing, resolving break-fix issues and tracking system defects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010; knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, sufficient to create Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point presentations, Visio flowcharts and diagrams and Microsoft Project inputs.
- Technical writing skills and experience presenting information in various forms such as textual, graphical, and statistical.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.