Our client, a publicly traded company located in the greater Seattle area has an immediate need for a skilled Senior Accountant. Due to explosive growth, this organization will offer complex and interesting work within a fun and collaborative atmosphere. Unlimited growth opportunity and potential for career advancement.
Assists the Controller with general accounting duties including supporting the monthly and annual close processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs accounting transactions to ensure accuracy and makes entries to facilitate the monthly close process
- Able to adhere to month-end close and reconciliation deadlines
- Responsible for reconciliation of several balance sheet accounts, including subsidiary ledgers, including but not limited to subledgers such as Fixed Assets.
- Review, adjust and post internet sales daily
- Daily Cash and Credit Card reconciliation for Retail -research and resolve discrepancies
- Research and respond to credit card refunds and chargebacks
- Prepare and file Nexus State Sales tax filings
- Preparation and filing of quarterly and annual state & local tax filings
- Business License tracking, maintenance/renewals, and new jurisdiction filing as needed
- Assist with KPI and Ad Hoc reporting support as needed
- Identifies opportunities for process / automation improvements and supports I.T. initiatives to enable such improvements.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned, and comfortable with working overtime during peak times of the month.
- Capable of handling and working through ambiguous situations
- Able to extract, analyze and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Experience preparing auditor PBC schedules and responding to auditor inquiries
- Adaptable, flexible and intellectually curious
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented with ability to take ownership of projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written) with auditors, peers, management and cross functional teams
- Collaborative, diplomatic and customer oriented.
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- Preference will be given to candidates working towards all or part of the CPA exam
- Minimum of four years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP, financial statements, reconciliations and internal controls
- Experience with inventory accounting preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and other Microsoft products
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP or other Tier 2 products preferred