The Senior HR Generalist is responsible for supporting all Human Resources plans and programs with a focus on supporting the company’s growth and engagement initiatives and strategic plans. The Senior HR Generalist has a wide range of duties including oversight of all Human Resources policies and procedures, performance management and compensation administration, employee relations and engagement, and provides back-up support for recruiting activities, as needed. Responsible for maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations related to employment. The role will provide back up support to other HR roles and management consultation and support on HR policies and procedures and general human resource issues.
- Tracks, reviews and approves employee performance appraisals. Monitors overdue performance appraisals and works with managers to ensure completion. Assists managers with establishing performance objectives. Is the technical expert for the performance management system and provides training and support to users.
- Performs recruiting activities including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and extending offers of employment. Manages transition process from recruitment to new hire. Develops and maintains quality working relationships with hiring managers, candidates, and other team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility. Maintains accurate and compliant recruitment records within the applicant tracking system.
- Oversees department policies and procedures to include making recommendations for Employee Handbook changes. Ensures that all HR policies, procedures, and practices are current and comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and are consistent with organizations culture and values, providing training to staff to ensure compliance. Administers the organizations document management system for the department.
- Consults with employees and managers on Employee handbook policies and procedures, and general human resources matters. This may include providing resource referrals and escalating more complex issues to the HR Director or appropriate resources. Serves as a resource on federal and state employment laws (BOLI, wage and hour, EEO, etc.).
- Researches, develops, and maintains accuracy and compliance of job positions for the organization. Provides assistance to managers for job description updates, and conducts job evaluations for proper grading.
- Maintains employment brand on social media career platforms (LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor). Responds to reviews, maintains consistency in messaging, keeps platforms current, and prepares monthly report of platform analytics.
- Responds to salary surveys and provides compensation related analysis and reports as requested. Works with manager to ensure employee compensation is compliant with internal policies and State and Federal Pay Equity laws.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Conducts research and participates in the development and administration of human resources programs, strategies, initiatives and activities, and recommends changes or innovative solutions.
- Creates positive working relationships with employees and credit union leadership. Delivers exceptional service, models credit union values, and promotes a respectful and cooperative work environment.
- Five years’ professional human resources experience with at least three years as an HR Generalist with experience in three or more HR functional areas or programs (i.e., performance mgt., employee relations, recruiting, compensation, etc.) required.
- Minimum two years full cycle recruiting experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Organizational Development or related discipline preferred. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of education and professional level human resources experience required.
- HRCI certification for Professional of Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) is strongly preferred. SPHR required within one year of employment.