IT Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Our client, an orthopedic manufacturing company, is seeking an experience Supply Chain Manager. As a critical member of the Site Leader’s staff, the Supply Chain Manager (SCM) is responsible for production planning/scheduling, purchasing, and logistics (shipping/receiving). The SCM creates and maintains forecast models for shipments, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, operations, finance, and other sources. The SCM will have direct reporting responsibility for all planning/scheduling, purchasing, and logistics talent, and will be responsible for growing and developing that talent into best-in-class supply chain professionals.
- Oversee planning, scheduling, material, production, outside operation supplier performance, and delivery status of orders.
- Review incoming orders and verify capacity to assure order status can be managed as required.
- Maintain accurate information through daily communications with manufacturing teams.
- May participate in customer interaction to obtain missing information as well as communications with sales team for meeting response time requirements.
- Lead the site S&OP and supply planning process, creating monthly deliverables and analyses aligned to the global Integrated Business Planning process and timelines.
- Aggregate incoming customer forecasts to assist in capacity planning.
- Review historical trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, and evaluate forecast results.
- Own and manage inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Execute the flow of materials, subassemblies and finished goods through the manufacturing process internally and with the alignment for customer.
- Analyze and maintain inventory levels to ensure material availability and On Time Delivery In Full while meeting inventory budgets and targets.
- Set and maintain stock levels to ensure maximum efficiency of working capital.
- Drive purchasing objectives and improvements in purchasing process.
- Obtain lowest cost consistent with approved quality and delivery standards.
- Develop purchasing plans and programs to implement company policy and objectives.
- Partner with Commodity Managers to identify additional sources of supply for important materials and maintain a relationship with acceptable vendors.
- Evaluate supplier performance to ensure quality of delivery and reliability.
- Keep informed of all new developments relative to materials and supplies and make recommendations designed to reduce costs and improve methods.
- Support Commodity Managers in negotiations with suppliers on all conflicts or questions on prices, deliveries and specifications.
- Responsible for inventory valuation.
· 5+ years of experience in supply chain, purchasing, or sourcing
· Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (Preferred)
· Bachelor of Science (B.S) - Supply Chain, Business, or Related Field Preferred
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· The ability to lead teams
· Computer Savvy
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.