IT Service Desk Technician
IT Service Desk Technician
The IT Service Desk Technician will be responsible for providing support services to internal and/or external users for software, applications, hardware, and telecommunications related issues. Troubleshoot core bank applications, Microsoft applications, hardware errors, and Operating System. Collect information, open tickets, perform triage, and resolve or escalate issues related to new hardware/software requests, network, application software and telecommunications to the appropriate staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist and support users with the use of core banking applications, standard software, Windows, MS Office, and other related banking business solutions. Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and Self-Service site requests for assistance.
2. Maintain the Technical Support Software (ServiceNow) by identifying trends and accurately capturing details to enable the Problem Management function to improve IT processes and systems through accurate reporting. Create and update documentation on established Technical Support procedures and processes, problem resolution steps, and escalation procedures. Make recommendations to management on updates and changes needed.
3. Identify and troubleshoot hardware, software, operating system, mobility, and telecommunication issues.
4. Responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents with respect to networking and desktop environments, including LANs, WANs, remote access, and VPNs.
5. Perform diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct common failures utilizing remote access tools.
6. Responsible for performing installations and configuring computers/laptops using standard processes and tools.
7. Partner in a 24X5 global support team. May be required to be on-call during specific times/projects. Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within the organization.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert. Responsible for other duties as assigned. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED or the equivalent in vocational training. College degree in information technology preferred.
- Previous practical experience in a personal computer network environment. One year of IT related Help Desk experience required.
- A+ certification required. MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols and PC knowledge, including hardware and software configuration, directory tree structure, Windows Messaging services, Active Directory, and Internet Explorer.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office software package, Active Directory, and system management tools. Proficient in MS Office Suite, Enterprise Networks, banking computer system, and print device troubleshooting in a networked environment.
- Possess outstanding customer service skills and the ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Good research, analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills. Ability to manage time efficiently and work under stressful conditions.
- Good working understanding of computer hardware architecture concepts and technology related terminology. Ability to effectively log tickets in call tracking software.
- Basic understanding of accounting/record keeping. Bank related experience preferred.
- Demonstrate continuing education through independent studies, monthly subscriptions, and periodicals.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.