IT - Agile Program Coach
Our client, a non-profit organization is looking for an Agile Program Coach. In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership and coaching to support and refine the strategy and approach to Agile practices and methodology across all teams for business value generation in order to deliver high value business capabilities. You will also coach agile teams at all organizational levels and disciplines to drive impact and deliver results across the enterprise. In this role, you will serve as a subject matter expert on Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP etc.) and on scaling agile development, including the use of scaling frameworks such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe, Scrum@Scale) and demonstrate you are approachable with shifts associated with being agile
As an Agile Program Coach, you will also assist with the development of changes to the agile application development practices used by Product Management, Product Engineering and in other organizational areas in order to improve delivery of business objectives. Note: This is a 6-month temporary contract position with possibility for extension. Candidates may work remotely from any location in the U.S.
- Orchestrates, schedules, and facilitates all Agile Release Train (ART) execution events, including PI Planning and related events and ART syncs.
- Responsible for driving and innovating meaningful metrics to reflect to the teams, ART, and senior leadership to show progress at all levels of the Portfolio taxonomy and focus on areas for improvement.
- Ensures the efficacy of the ART and its related mechanisms in delivering its vision and value.
- Participates in Team and Portfolio level events as necessary and able to represent the ART.
- Builds, leads, and develops approach to Agile methodology to drive impact and deliver results across the enterprise.
- Serves as a senior level expert in utilizing Agile practices and methodologies to conceptualize ideas and deliver valued solutions.
- Coaches teams through complex situations to achieve greatest level of efficiency in applying Agile values, principles, frameworks, and approaches.
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement and develops training sessions and workshops.
- Drives the organization-wide Agile adoption strategy and rollout of strategic execution plans.
- Sustains Agile methodologies and continuously develops strategies for improvement.
- Develops coaching methods to guide teams in using and sharing data to improve outcomes, delivery, and organizational support.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coaching to the agile program and scrum teams, serves as a mentor and an escalation for impediment removal for the Scrum Masters and scrum teams, as well as hands-on role in consultative capacity help raise and solve complex impediments.
- Manages and coaches to the most complex journey labs and work streams, makes recommendations to improve metrics and capabilities/working models.
- Evolves Agile approaches and solutions to account for industry changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization
- Strong understanding of product planning in an empirical environment
- Understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges associated with organizing, facilitating, and continuously aligning a large software program with the guiding business strategy
- Strong understanding Agile development methodologies including an understanding of SAFe
- Understands the basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated motivation, initiative, judgment, critical thinking, and analytic skills, with the ability to work across multiple functions, lead diverse perspectives and deals effectively with ambiguity and adaptation to change
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years’ experience enabling Agile methodology and mindset across multiple teams at one or more organizations
- Experience as a Scrum Master strongly preferred
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.