Our client, a prominent nonprofit organization in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a Software Engineer. The Software Engineer creates high-quality craftsmanship-level software for clients and internal users. This includes meeting all requirements and specifications, testing/QA requirements, methodologies and more. This position requires individuals to be adaptable in changing technology environments, and should be comfortable performing non-programming tasks, such as requirements gathering, producing documentation, quality assurance testing, mentoring other developers, and leading projects. If you think you would be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Software Engineer Responsibilities…
- Write awesome code
- Create prototypes to help clarify software requirements
- Create realistic design specification documents from software requirements
- Plan and perform development tasks from design specifications
- Provide accurate time estimates for development tasks
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to resolve software defects
- Collaborate with project architects and assist team members to prove the validity of new software technologies
- Engage and improve our software development methodology.
- Promote agile processes among development and the business, including facilitation of scrums.
Desired Skills and Abilities…
- Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including the application of design patterns and avoidance of anti-patterns
- Experience working in a collaborative team of application developers and source code repositories
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with all tasks, promises and commitments
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within priorities
- Ability to work under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of software design concepts
- Understanding of software development methodologies
- Ability to solve complex problems
Core Competencies for Success…
- Instill trust: gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Communicate effectively: develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer focus: build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Drive results: consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
Education and Experience…
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years progressive experience in a software development
- Proven experience having designed one or more major components of an application, preferably of a software product.
- Proven experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including a database, network, operating system, and containers.
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Experience working in a SCRUM environment
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP / 9004