IT Software Development Engineer
Software Development Engineer
Our client is seeking a Software Development Engineer for their LHR team (Longitudinal Health Records). This team is responsible for aggregating all consumer related data into one place for serving any consumer apps with the data. The team ingests data from various sources and serves them in a secure way to the consumers. The data we are ingesting are in bulk and then stored in FHIR resource format. We utilize AWS technologies, GCP and Clojure (as well as limited Python). If you think you would be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Minimum Requirements for Software Development Engineer
- Strong development skills
- Strong Java or any other programming skills
- Fast ramp up of new technologies
- Clojure programming experience
- Cloud technology experience
Core Competencies of the Software Development Engineer
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers.
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
- Able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to work with minimum direction.
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work.
- Communicate effectively with peers.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation.
- Follow corporate and department coding standards and guidelines.
- Able to learn continuous integration practices.
- Familiarity with defensive programming.
- Depending on business area, demonstrated experience of building Data pipeline: Data Exchange, Cleansing, Validation, Standardization, Search and Ranking based on Data Science.
- Able to take and/or provide direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to adapt to changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve light to medium complex programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Proficient with Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Proficient with defensive programming.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve complex programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to provide technical direction and solutions to other team members.
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work, as well as 1-2 other team members.
- Able to lead multi-discipline teams for work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and provide status.
- Able to mentor and coach other junior team members in technical matters.
- Demonstrated skill & ability to mentor others in Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Demonstrated skill & ability to mentor others in defensive programming.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. AP / 9055