IT DevOps Engineer
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Portland, Remote
Work Authorization: (No Corp2Corp)
Position Type: Contract-to-Hire
DevOps Engineers are members of a high-functioning team of creative, collaborative, motivated and professional individuals driven by the singular mission of partnering to help all kids learn. They are in search of like-minded individuals who want to build and operate cutting-edge technologies to deliver a SaaS assessment platform that supports upwards of 100,000 concurrent users. If you embrace a dynamic environment, the spirit of innovation and the importance of education, then they would love to see what you can do. They are building a world class product organization that rivals the largest software as a service companies in the world. This is a long-term DevOps Engineer temporary opening with possibility for conversion to full-time hire. Candidates may be offered a mid-level DevOps Engineer role or a senior level role, depending on experience and qualifications. Candidates may work remotely from any location in the U.S.
General Functions and Outcomes
As a DevOps Engineer, you will design, build and manage a world class infrastructure to support our client’s products and mission. Their team consists of forward-thinking individuals who want to disrupt the traditional mold through progressive design and implementation practices.
Anybody can hire folks to look after a 24x7 organization and you can find that job anywhere. At our client, you will also make a difference in education and gain both depth and breadth of knowledge and experience by being part of one of the best companies in Portland. They are growing as a DevOps organization that believes in Scaling, Transforming, Growing, Leading, and Innovating while having fun and making a difference.
Education and Experience.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience, with at least 1-year experience in Linux Systems Administration.
- Experience supporting a SaaS platform as a Linux professional
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with CI/CD processes and methods
- Experience in automating large scale Linux environments utilizing one or more of the following: PERL, HTML, Python, PHP and Shell scripting
- Experience with the following is a plus: Puppet, Hiera, GIT, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Foreman, Jenkins, JIRA/Atlassian suite
- Demonstrated experience configuring multi-tier JAVA and web-based applications.
- Exposure to and understanding of VMware virtualization.
- Experience in 24x7 high availability production/sustaining processes, including remote administration.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.