IT Data Analyst (Community Programs)
Primary Job Purpose:
The Data Analyst plays an integral role, ensuring community programs are fully supported to consistently deliver high-impact services and support. This position will manage, analyze and communicate all agency data to ensure effective and efficient operations of programs and services. They will work on a team responsible for the maintenance of the agency’s database and lead agency reporting efforts and processes. This role will work closely with the Senior Program Analyst, Director of Community Programs, Operations Coordinator, and Program Managers to support organizational goals.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, business, social sciences, or other related field.
- Three to five years of experience managing data, reporting and analytic efforts, including experience-managing databases.
- Advanced level experience with databases (SQL, Access, Web-based, etc.) and spreadsheets (Excel).
- Ability to analyze large datasets and troubleshoot and ensure quality of data.
- Strong Technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced level computer capabilities in use of email, word processing, publisher, calendars and power point
- Must pass a criminal history background check (a criminal record is not automatically disqualifying), employment verification, and drug screen (which does not include testing for marijuana).
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Experience managing content production in the website, mobile app, and digital media work spaces.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field and at least 2 years of experience in website content production or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML and Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Familiarity with modern design principals and importance of corporate branding standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while remaining organized and flexible.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to identify problems, develop solutions and implement a chosen course of action.
- Ability to interface with Stakeholders to locate and pursue content.
- Experience with seeking out and incorporating customer feedback.
General Functions and Outcomes:
In this role you will:
- Collect, manage and oversee all program data and databases. Be a super user of the agency database.
- Create ways to collect agency data. Develop, create and maintain forms. Maintain all agency documents and necessary updates to collect accurate and relevant data.
- Compile, analyze and visualize data to help the agency make data-informed decisions.
- Lead, maintain and update agency reporting processes. Compile and analyze data for reporting and ensure timely completion of all required reports.
- Lead the tracking and communication of agency performance. Compile, analyze, and communicate performance data and make recommendations based on findings.
- Work with team members to complete annual report.
- Evaluate stakeholder needs through data and information systems.
- Respond to all data requests and bring forward information and recommendations that improve agency processes, outputs and outcomes.
- Track and evaluate program measures and outcomes and lead research efforts. Work with research partners to assure effective evaluations of client programs.
- Assist with program evaluations (Ex. Correctional Program Checklist) and serve as a leader in efforts to continuously assess, improve and advance programs.
- Work closely with Corrections Programs Analyst to cross-train, support agency-wide systems, data and reporting needs and create efficiencies.
- Train staff and serve as a technical advisor. Manage staff training records and processes to ensure training, coaching and support to staff.
- Work collaboratively with members of data team and meet regularly.
- Support the Development Manager and provide information as needed for grant applications and reports.
- Process subpoenas and information requests.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in agency meetings to work towards fulfilling agency mission and vision. Serve on necessary committees.
- Support Senior Program Analyst, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employer paid employee-only health, dental, and vision insurance (available to full-time employees working 30 hours or more per week)
- Employer paid short term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance (available to full-time employees working 30 hours or more per week)
- Generous paid time off accruals, including 13 paid days of significance per year; please note that part-time employees accrue sick time only and paid days of significance are pro-rated based on scheduled hours worked.
- 401(k) Plan including a 2% employer-paid match
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
s to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)