IT Product Owner
Our client, a leading health care company dedicated to revolutionizing the industry, is looking for a Product Owner. This is a remote position (working West Coast hours) and is a 9 month contract with the possibility of extending beyond 9 months.
The Product Owner represents the voice of the customer and is accountable for ensuring that a technology team delivers value to the business. The Product Owner is the person responsible for managing both the daily and strategic delivery of the technical solutions throughout the organization and is the key day-to-day interface between the Product and Engineering teams. A Product Owner’s key responsibility is to convey the vision of the product to the engineering teams, to prioritize the teams’ backlog and to set direction for product releases and sprints.
Education and Experience.
* The Product Owner I would have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field plus 5 + years of progressive industry experience or business analysis experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience Representing the voice of the customer and being accountable for ensuring that a development team delivers value to the business.
- Ability to discover, synthesize and translate current state situation into written user stories.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly and the ability to remain flexible.
- Ability to articulate a clear product vision to the engineering team(s), to help ensure the successful and on-time delivery of products to market.
- Reads and creates complex structured specifications such as Use Cases, Story Boards, Cucumber scenarios and any other formal methods.
- Manages the backlog for one or more delivery teams.
- Experience working in both agile and waterfall methodology.
- Experience working on Delivery Teams.
- MUST have some form of technical background or experience
Not required, but highly valued:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) via Scrum Alliance
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) via Scrum.org
- SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner with PMPO Certification
- IEEE Computer Society Scrum Product Owner Certification
- Scrum Product Owner Accredited Certification by the International Scrum Institute
- The ideal candidate would have Medicare Advantage Risk Adjustment experience
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.