Director of Community Wellness
Director of Community Wellness
Public health leader promoting and supporting program development for the African American/Black community.
Our client, a leading advocacy and civil rights organization providing services and opportunities to African Americans nationwide, is looking for a Director of Community Wellness for their Portland, Oregon location. This position will effectively lead and oversee all programs relating to community/public health and wellness initiatives. This position also involves financial oversight for all program areas including budgeting, fundraising, and spending.
Key Responsibilities for Director of Community Wellness:
- Provides direct supervision and evaluation of Health/Senior Adult Department and leads outreach development
- Writes and manages grants to provide dietary, nutrition, and other health program goals
- Collaborates with senior leaders to develop comprehensive health service listings and identifies underlying health disparities that advocate for more services and protection of adults
- Promotes culturally-responsive mediation with community members and, other social organizations to ensure holistic health education, senior-focused care, and resources, and culturally-appropriate responsive crisis intervention programs
- Ensures the Department maintains all related data tracking systems, and engages in city, region and statewide policy interventions to reduce disproportionate health access for the African American/Black community
Requirements/Qualifications for Director of Community Wellness:
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum); Master of Public Health (preferred)
- Preferred five (5) years of experience in community outreach or social service to African Americans, and five (5) years of work experience in the field
- Knowledge and understanding of working with low-income families and/or specifically with adults with chronic health conditions
- Preferred knowledge of child welfare, emergency education, domestic violence, or human service referral systems
- Impeccable written and oral communications skills
- Creative, result-oriented self-starter who is willing to learn and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Experience using HMIS (service point) and Apricot (preferred)
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.