Portland, Oregon - Added Jul 22nd, 2021Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Downtown Portland manufacturing company is seeking a Tax Manager to joined their seasoned team.
- Assist senior tax management with domestic and international tax compliance and provisions.
- Prepare and review workpapers for federal and state income tax returns for both corporations and partnerships.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company's US federal income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team including preparation of extensions and quarterly estimated tax filings.
- Prepare workpapers for quarterly and annual income tax provisions including effective tax rate, uncertain tax position analysis, deferred taxes and tax account reconciliations.
- Research and analyze technical tax accounting, federal, international, and state and local tax issues.
- Review state apportionment calculations and data extraction.
- Coordinate and review tax fixed asset depreciation.
- Assist senior tax management with the development and implementation of tax planning strategies.
- Assist with tax automation opportunities, tax technology tools, and process improvements to drive efficiencies within the tax function.
- Manage and facilitate IRS and state income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to the tax team.
- Bachelor's degree is accounting, finance, or similar discipline required, master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role.
- Preferred candidates have a current CPA license.
- Strong knowledge of tax code compliance and procedures for corporations and partnerships.
- Solid technical skills related to tax accounting (ASC 740)
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with tax team members and the ability to work cross-functionally with other member of the Finance team or Operations.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Job ID: 9297