Operations Analyst 3 (10046)
Sr. Operations Analyst
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for an Sr. Operations Analyst (OA) for their Vancouver, Washington location. This position will specifically focus on providing high-level, complex Business Architecture support for the Transmission business line. This position will collaborate and work closely with Transmission managers and executives to facilitate the development and implementation of a complete and holistic business strategy including process-driven solutions as well as requirements that support transformation of organizations and functions. The OA will assist in developing a Business Enterprise Architecture clearly wedded to our client’s Strategic Goals; as well as provide recommendations and help define a roadmap to advance from current to future state.
This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis. It also includes employee a robust benefit package. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
- Develop / draft scripted elicitation workshops to gather information from the varied, and often disparate, organizations within the Transmission business line.
- Organize and facilitate an executive approved Business Enterprise Architecture and Roadmap by collaborating with and motivating a team of managers and subject-matter-experts (SMEs).
- Work with stakeholders, management and subject-matter experts (SMEs), to build a holistic view of Transmission’s strategy, motivations (drivers), mission, culture, products, functions, processes, information, and applications to verify alignment to the company-wide mission and strategic goals.
- Arrange, organize, and facilitate regularly scheduled and structured meetings, with focused agendas, productive discussions and timely follow up communications (minutes).
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise-level goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the organization / agency and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries.
- Define the data shared across the organization / agency and the relationships between that data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
- Communicate architectural concepts in a clear and easily understood manner using a variety of communication tools, such as Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Utilize advanced facilitation and modeling tools for engaging executives and stakeholders for developing and revising strategy, implementation planning, and sequencing.
- Link the business mission, strategy, functions, and processes of the organization to its strategy and enterprise architecture, and document this using multiple architectural models or views to demonstrate how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
- Working with Transmission management, operate across organization to drive common approaches, and expose information assets and processes across the organization.
- Optimize business functions through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Work with key stakeholders and project managers to provide consensus-based business solutions (people, process, and technology), that are scalable, adaptable, and in synchronization with ever-changing business needs.
- In collaboration with management team, facilitate and assist in the development and maintenance of a 5-year strategic roadmap that delivers on Transmission’s Strategic plan and objectives.
- Assist team in identifying gaps in current state vs. future state and approaches, methods and plans to address identified gaps.
- Facilitate, review and analyze risks associated with transformative change.
- Search for areas where cost reduction opportunities may be available, such as cases where workflow may be duplicated across departments or sectors. Share review findings and recommendations to executives and stakeholders, along with reports showing the progress in implementing new strategies, goals and culture.
- Maintain record of business enterprise architecture roadmap, plans, to be state, milestones, progress made and project status; provide status updates as requested.
- Provide input and recommendations to the development of standards, tools, and best practices for managing strategy and implementation.
- Recommend, create, deploy and maintain a Business Enterprise Architecture repository and tool set.
- Perform annual business enterprise architectural maturity assessments as requested.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline is preferred. With an applicable Bachelor’s Degree, 8 years of directly related experience is required. Without an applicable degree, 12 years of directly related experience is required.
- Experience with modeling tools preferably Sparx EA, Archimate and Power BI.
- Familiarity with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
- Moderate proficiency with Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Proven experience with modeling of requirements, verification of deliverables.
- Proven experience with Requirements Engineering.
- Moderate proficiency with SQL querying.
- Proven experience with business modeling and business architecture frameworks.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.