Enterprise Architect, Data
Data Enterprise Architect
Our client, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is seeking an experienced Data Enterprise Architect to join their Product Engineering team to develop a vision and build strategy and set an implementation roadmap for data engineering enterprise wide. An ideal candidate will be a thought leader and will know how to balance short-term and long-term priorities against the data and infrastructure needs for actionable insights.
This position will also work with the architecture team and be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the company. Ideal candidates will understand how to engineer requirements, evaluate design alternatives and architect complex solutions by coordinating with a large team of interdisciplinary engineers from multiple product teams with varied data requirements.
If you think you would be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of the position:
- Design and document enterprise-wide data architectures, roadmaps and frameworks
- Work with data engineers to perform source system analysis, identify key data issues, data profiling and development of normalized and star-snowflake physical schemas
- Orchestrate data ingestion into Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, and/or Data Lake houses
- Design and implement data pipelines for processing and aggregate data
- Provision resources, monitor pipelines, adjust pipelines, and performing testing and quality control
- Work with business users, gathering business requirements and mapping business requirements to data representations
- Design secure data infrastructure and processes, performing data security, penetration testing, Separation of Duties (SoD), and security control and audits
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery and implementation of a database
- Actively manage the evaluation, selection and application of data architecture components to create an integrated portfolio of applications which deliver maximum business value in line with enterprise strategy and standards
- Support strategic approaches and maintain alignment of development projects with enterprise strategic direction
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
- Apply design alternatives and concepts: layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns for enterprise solutions
Competencies & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a similar technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of data engineering experience and 5+ years’ experience architecting, developing, deploying and supporting complex data applications in an enterprise environment
- Expert knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards
- Expert analytical and design skills, including the ability to abstract information requirements from real-world processes to understand information flows in computer systems
- Expertise in the fields of data quality, data profiling, data security, Master Data concepts and data migration
- Experience in data modeling, schema design and tradeoffs with the ability to prepare data models at varying levels of detail, such as broad conceptual and planning models as well as detailed logical designs
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and MySQL
- Experience bridging multiple data repositories, performance and query tuning
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining data processing infrastructure and flexible data representations
- Experience in designing distributed systems
- Experience with data cleansing, data enrichment, batch and streaming, data transformation and connecting to new data sources
- Knowledge of message-oriented architecture, Apache Sparks on Hadoop, Kafka, Pulsar or other Data and event streaming technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to engage collaborate with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP / 9480 ($150k)