Lead Software Engineer, Data
Lead Software Engineer, Data
Work Authorization: We cannot offer sponsorship at this time.
Position Type: Direct hire
As their Lead Software Engineer, Data you will provide technical guidance and oversight as they create a suite of platform data components. Your focus will be on quality implementation while leading and guiding the data engineers. They are looking for a candidate that is strong in both data engineering and people leadership. You will help facilitate and clarify communication with many engineering teams as their data platform ingests their content and provides application specific data sets. In this role, you will have ample opportunity to explore new value-added capabilities, invest in data development and tool research, technically lead and mentor a software development team and grow your career all while balancing your life priorities.
- Lead a team of data engineers while also being an individual contributor to the team
- Be accountable for planning, delivery, operating procedures, design and architectural patterns, and on-time delivery of the platform data
- Help team members grow through mentoring, coaching, 1:1s, performance appraisals, career progression plans and compensation decisions
- Participate in the innovative advancements of their product platform and collaborate with their awesome agile team members
- Promote opportunities for refactoring and identify areas of optimization
- Research and leverage commercial products, libraries and tools that can be used to solve problems
- Participate in design sessions with other engineers, architects and product managers, providing constructive and honest feedback during sprint retrospectives with a team mindset
- Use automation, including continuous integration, automated deployments, automated unit and functional testing
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or be good enough that they won’t notice through equivalent prior work-related experience
- 6+ years’ data engineering experience and 2+ years people management experience focusing on career progression, performance appraisals and compensation planning for a cross functional team
- Expert knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards
- Expert analytical and design skills, including the ability to abstract information requirements from real-world processes to understand information flows in computer systems
- Expertise in the fields of data quality, data profiling, data security, Master Data concepts and data migration
- Expertise in AWS; experience with Redshift or Snowflake
- Expertise in both SQL and NoSQL implementations; experience with Postgres and MySQL
- Experience with SQL profiling, performance tuning and data ingestion into Data Warehouses
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and influence others on the best solution
- Ability to work well in a team environment and attitude to focus on team specific goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to engage and collaborate with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.