Sr Staff Software Engineer, Data
SR Staff Software Engineer, Data
Portland, OR (Remote)
Focused on our new data platform. Our Product Engineering team shares a passion for designing quality solutions, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products that help our customers protect their reputation and bottom line.
As a Data Senior Software Engineer, you will implement our new data platform. You will focus on quality implementation while interacting with the other data engineers. You will help us build a data platform that will ingest other teams’ content and then provide application specific data sets. We are looking for a candidate who is strong in data engineering. In this role, you will have ample opportunity to explore new value-added capabilities, invest in data development, tool research, and grow your career all while balancing your life priorities.
We Offer You:
- A collaborative, thriving organization with constant growth potential and strong brand recognition.
- An inclusive work environment centered around personal growth, career development and mentors dedicated to your success at every level.
- Competitive pay and benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility for a balanced lifestyle.
- A team-oriented environment that thrives on innovation and mischief and time to innovate and geek out on projects you design in support of our products.
- A chance to be part of something bigger through time to engage in your community.
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent prior work-related experience.
- 6+ years of data engineering experience in an Agile development environment with a focus on big data designs and implementations, ideally with SaaS and/or micro service-based systems.
- Expert knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards.
- The ability to abstract information requirements from real-world processes to understand information flows in computer systems.
- Expertise in the fields of data quality, data profiling, data security, Master Data concepts and data migration.
- Expertise in AWS; experience with Redshift or Snowflake.
- Expertise in both SQL and NoSQL implementations; experience with Postgres and MySQL.
- Experience with SQL profiling, performance tuning and data ingestion into Data Warehouses.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and influence others on the best solution.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and attitude to focus on team specific goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to engage and collaborate with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
CW / 9483 (110-120k/year)