Senior Staff Software Engineer
SENIOR STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Our client, headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon (a suburb of Portland, Oregon), is the recognized worldwide leader in integrated risk and compliance management software and services. We are partnering with them to assist in the search for their next Principal Engineer. This position is a direct hire role and is fully remote, with the expectation that candidates will be available and willing to work West Coast hours. Our client’s engineers are changing how organizations work around the world by developing leading product solutions for corporate compliance and corporate governance.
In this position you will join our client’s product engineering team that shares a passion for writing great code, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products within their integrated risk and compliance management platform that helps their customers protect their reputation and bottom line. As their Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will have ample opportunity to invest in innovative product development and tool research, mentor team members, grow your career and tag your name to amazingly cool products, all while balancing your life priorities.
- Create innovative advancements of our product platform and collaborate with our awesome agile team members
- Promote opportunities for refactoring and identify areas of optimization
- Research and leverage commercial products, libraries and tools that can be used to solve problems
- Provide technical mentorship to our newest engineers
- Participate in design sessions with other engineers, architects, and product managers
- Use automation, including continuous integration, automated deployments, automated unit, and functional testing
- Provide constructive and honest feedback during sprint retrospectives with a team mindset
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent prior work-related experience
- 3+ years’ full-stack software development experience, ideally in a SaaS or micro service-based system
- Knowledge of or willingness to adapt to our technology stack: React, TypeScript, Cypress/Jest (Unit Tests), HTML5, CSS3, C# .NET, .NET Core, REST APIs, SQL (MSSQL), SSIS.
- Experience with AWS Services (S3, SNS, SQS, Lamdba, API Gateway) preferred but not required.
- Exposure to design principles like: CQRS, SOLID/DRY design, Object-oriented design patterns, N-Tier software architecture, threading and synchronization, relational database design, etc.
- A passion for problem solving and innovation with the desire to learn and grow
- Ability to work well in a team environment and attitude to focus on team specific goals and objectives
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.