Principal Software Engineer
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Our client, headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon (a suburb of Portland, Oregon), is the recognized worldwide leader in integrated risk and compliance management software and services. We are partnering with them to assist in the search for their next Principal Engineer. This position is a direct hire role and is fully remote, with the expectation that candidates will be available and willing to work West Coast hours. Our client’s engineers are changing how organizations work around the world by developing leading product solutions for corporate compliance and corporate governance.
In this position you will join our client’s product engineering team that shares a passion for writing great code, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products within their integrated risk and compliance management platform that helps their customers protect their reputation and bottom line. As their Principal Engineer, you will have ample opportunity to grow your career and tag your name to amazingly cool products, all while balancing your life priorities.
- Work alongside senior software engineers to develop cool new features and enhancements that will delight our customers
- Participate in elaboration and design sessions to understand and refine requirements to be implemented
- Build unit tests and automation test suites to ensure products deliver the highest quality
- Collaborate with scrum team members during sprint planning and daily standups and share your accomplishments during sprint reviews
- Provide constructive and honest feedback during code reviews and sprint retrospectives
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge of our client’s technology stack: AWS and AWS Services including CloudFormation, Lambda, API Gateway, React, node.js, CSS and HTML, Databases: Relational, C#, .NET
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software
- Experience in developing enterprise software that exceeds the industry standards for security, accessibility and user experience
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.