Front Office Assistant
Front Office Assistant
Our client, a local non-profit organization focused on delivering excellent, equitable education to underserved children, their families and their communities is looking for a Front Office Assistant to join their Portland, OR. team. In this role the Front Office Assistant will provide technical and project support for the administration of the school. Excellent time management and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task are strongly needed. The Front Office Assistant will be the first point of contact for students, parents, and team members, creating a warm and welcoming environment honoring the mission and values of the school!
Contract to hire!
Location: Onsite, Portland, OR.
Responsibilities of Front Office Assistant:
- Opening doors, answering phones, checking multiple emails, checking voicemails, and returning calls.
- Tracking information in multiple databases of all related communication via mailing, emails, fliers, and phone calls.
- Assist and support any ongoing projects from leadership team managing and scheduling meetings/appointments, copying, scanning, collating, mailing, and booking of the conference room.
- Ordering of office supplies, keeping inventory.
- Responsible for producing, printing, and organizing and distributing paperwork as needed.
- Ensure staff members understand the onsite procedures and have the resources to operate effectively.
- Onsite Student Support: basic first aid, health screens, administer medication as needed, and maintain the extra clothes supply.
- Assist with student awards and recognitions.
- Tracking paperwork, inventory and daily reconciliation of cash related to:
- School meals.
- Ambassador background checks.
- Field Trips.
- School Pictures.
- Supporting seasonal shifts in demand for administrative tasks to support student enrollment, student recruitment, Community Action Sessions, events, and campaigns.
- Assist with student and family communications around health, events and logistics as needed.
- Support ambassador application process: onboarding, communication, paperwork, and trainings for all ambassadors, accessing Help Counter and recording hours.
- Assist with entering and maintaining all student attendance and information in Synergy, School Pass.
- Issuing of ID badges for students, ambassadors & families.
- Support accurate data entry in both synergy, Help Counter & IT databases.
- Register staff and ambassadors for compliance trainings.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Attend several staff and family events.
Requirements of Front Office Assistant:
- Minimum one year of experience working in office, nonprofit, and/or community organization.
- Ability to operate office machinery: Phones, fax, copier, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite, Google platforms and social media, Word, Excel.
- CPR/First Aid Certificate will be required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability on some evenings and weekends required.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PS / #9512