Financial Accounting Manager
Manage and support processes related to technical accounting and financial reporting. You need to be a hands-on professional who will help drive the reporting of business results in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements. We are seeking a self-starter with high personal and professional values, strong work ethic and positive attitude. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Financial Accounting.
- Support the preparation and review of financial statements, footnotes and supporting schedules for earnings releases and SEC filings
- Manage the financial consolidation process and reporting of consolidated financial results, including preparation and/or review of intercompany eliminations
- Prepare technical accounting memos as needed related to areas such as revenue recognition, goodwill, intangibles, stock compensation, leasing, business combinations and segment reporting
- Evaluate the impact of new accounting standards as needed and help drive the adoption of new standards across the international organization
- Prepare forecasts, calculations, journal entries and reconciliations related to equity and stock-based compensation
- Manage the tracking and reporting of leases in accordance with U.S. GAAP including the impact of any new, amended and terminated leases
- Perform reviews of financial results for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Support the external audit firm as needed and help coordinate quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Support the annual SOX assessment as needed, identify opportunities for improvement, and assist in the documentation of business process flowcharts and key controls.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- CPA required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience including 3 years of experience in public accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting and SOX 404 requirements including those related to revenue recognition, business combinations, and equity
- Experienced in the preparation and review of accounting position papers
- Experience with publicly held companies in the manufacturing/high-tech industry is preferred
- Proven track record of working w/ multi-entity and global organizations
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing & presentation skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex information to management