Senior Data Quality Engineer
Senior Quality Data Engineer
Location: Portland, remote
Work Authorization: We cannot offer sponsorship at this time.
Position Type: Contract
Our client is looking for their next Senior Data Quality Engineer. In the Senior Data Quality Engineer role, you will work with the Data Engineering team in the State division, on the reliability and accuracy of the systems and data used within the computerized testing and reporting applications. You will review requirements, create test plans that effectively evaluate a complex system of applications, interfaces, and databases.
In this role, you will focus on building test automation for testing production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption using cloud data platforms (AWS, Snowflake, etc.).
Data Engineering projects operate under tight and critical deadlines and as the Senior Data Quality Engineer, you must be able to develop and execute testing to meet requirements, design specifications, and quality standards. Note: This is a 6-month temporary assignment with possibility for assignment extension. Candidates may work remotely from their home located in the Portland, OR. area, or our client may consider candidates from any location in the United States.
- Ensure data integrity by implementing quality assurance practices in support of data warehouse environments and ETL processes
- Automate validation of data ingestion, transformation, cleansing, and loading process
- Be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process
- Collaborate with the engineering team members and business stakeholders to help analyze, debug, and resolve issues
- Develop repeatable testing routines through automation to expedite QA cycle
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience working on data pipelines and using modern streaming and batch data processing frameworks and tools
- Experience with test automation frameworks and utilization of appropriate test methodologies and tools for testing
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries
- Good knowledge in ETL and cloud data warehouses like Redshift, Snowflake
- Experience working in Agile development process
- Exposure to Python a plus
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PD/9585 ($63 - $66.67 / hour)