Senior Communications and Reporting Specialist
Senior Communications & Reporting Specialist
Our client a fully integrated energy company, providing sustainable energy solutions to customers across the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a Senior Communications & Reporting Specialist. The person in this position will be a skilled writer and copy editor with experience writing reports, synthesizing technical content into thematic communications, interpreting data and meeting deadlines. This position will work closely with a staff project manager on the annual report and interact with a variety of subject matter experts on energy efficiency, renewable energy, and financial content. The work requires the ability to negotiate and clarify needs and outcomes, prioritize project deliverables, engage internal stakeholders, and communicate results.
Payrate: $35.00-$40.00/hr. DOE.
Location: Portland, OR. (REMOTE)
Contract: Thru end of April 2022
Status: 20 hours/week.
Key Responsibilities for Communications Specialist:
- Will write and edit a variety of other content, including blog posts, internal communications, social media posts and more.
- Write, edit, and help deliver a high-quality and on-time annual report to the board of directors, utility regulators, utilities, and stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts to clarify information and messaging presented in the report.
- Work with the project manager to maintain the project schedule, meeting interim and overall project deadlines.
- Communicating with project team members, informing project sponsors, and resolving issues to keep the project on course.
- Write other communications content as needed, including blog posts, social media posts, web copy, internal communications, and other content for a variety of audience.
- Project management experience helpful in this role.
- Provide great attention to detail, commitment to quality and a passion for clear and effective communications.
Requirements Communications Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, public affairs or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible professional communications experience.
- Superior writing skills: applicant must submit a writing sample with application materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
- Experience in copy editing and following a style guide.
- Energy efficiency, renewable energy or utility industry experience preferred.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PS / 9627