Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
This position operates within broad parameters and is involved in applying accounting principles and other specialized expertise to solve complex accounting and reporting problems. The position requires comfort with authoritative and interpretive accounting guidance pertinent to industrial manufacturers. The position requires interfacing with personnel at all levels of the Company, including across divisions and departments within the organization. The position involves routine interaction with the Company’s internal and external auditors on technical accounting, SEC reporting and other corporate accounting matters, as well as familiarity with how internal and external auditors apply procedures to the range of management assertions reflected in financial statements of public companies. The position calls for regular assessment of newly proposed and implemented accounting standards and communication of the implications to company stakeholders. The position is responsible for assuring that pertinent financial systems are maintained and internal controls are strong.
- Directs the preparation, review and submission of external reporting documents filed with the SEC.
- Ensures timely and accurate presentation of financial statements and disclosures in accordance with GAAP and SEC regulations, as well as consistent presentation of earnings and related releases.
- Researches, interprets and documents complex technical accounting issues – including those related to implementation of new accounting and reporting pronouncements – in the form of internal memorandums and analyses for review by executive Finance management and the Company’s external auditors.
- Demonstrates comfort with authoritative and interpretive accounting guidance on revenue from contracts with customers, leases, business combinations, fair value measurement, long-lived assets, goodwill, contingencies, environmental obligations, debt, derivatives and hedging, stock compensation, consolidation, segment reporting, presentation of financial statements, statement of cash flows, and accounting changes.
- Applies knowledge of the lease accounting standard (ASC 842) and lease arrangement structures to monthly lease accounting activities.
- Demonstrates enhanced technical writing abilities including a mastery of grammar and writing structure.
- Supports the preparation and review of the Company’s consolidated statement of cash flows.
- Performs ad hoc analyses with quick turnaround times to aid executive management with decisions-making.
- Provides critical support for the annual audits of financial statements and internal controls.
- Provides consultation to other Finance, Accounting and Operations personnel on the accounting implications of contracts, transactions and events
- Provides technical accounting training to corporate and divisional accounting teams.
- Assist with corporate governance requirements and documentation.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the accounting for acquisitions.
- Implement controls in accordance with regulations and laws and maintain current knowledge of internal control changes and refine internal control processes, as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- At least 7 years of experience at a large accounting firm, or combination of public accounting and industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEC rules and GAAP accounting and disclosure requirements
- Exemplary writing and communication skills
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Proven supervisory and management skills