Payables Accountant I
Payables Accountant I
Our client, a leading health care company dedicated to revolutionizing the industry, is looking for a Payables Accountant I
for their Portland, OR location. This role is hybrid with 2 days being in office and 3 days working remotely. Responsibilities include a variety of payment activities to suppliers, providers, members, and other general payments. Performs comprehensive audit activities including the review, analysis, and verifications of payment activities. Assists with the development and implementation of financial policies, procedures, and controls. Provides excellent customer service and support to internal and external business partners.
Location: Portland, OR.
- Duration of 6 months.
- HYBRID. Contractor will work at our Portland office approximately 2 days each week and remotely approximately 3 days each week.
Key Responsibilities for Payables Accountant:
- Monitors, reviews and process all invoices, statements, voucher check requests, and other documentation requesting payment to ensure the appropriate liability, expense, or capital asset general ledger account is utilized to coincide with corporate budget.
- Research and respond to payment inquiries from vendors, providers, members, and business partners.
- Establishes new EFT set ups and performs all set up maintenance including bank-relationship changes for providers as requested or directed.
- Balance and record payments made to subscribers, providers, hospitals, and/or vendors to ensure payments reconcile with documentation and reports. Audits payments to ensure accuracy prior to the release of payments.
- Reviews, corrects, and reissues all EFT failures.
- Maintains check control logs and claims balancing information in accordance with departmental processes and protocols.
- Research issues, places stop payment orders and generates replacement payments as necessary.
- Applies payables best practices and generally acceptable protocols to all payment and EFT requests, reviewing documentation for completeness, accuracy, and appropriate approvals.
- Facilitates the improper check endorsement process for Vendors, Providers and/or members in partnership with the banking institution.
- Complete daily banking functions including positive pay research and decisions.
- Process mass payment requests.
- Utilizes workflow or other technologies as appropriate to research outstanding issues and void, or void and reissue payments as appropriate.
- Update applicable systems to ensure other departments can effectively research and resolve outstanding questions from customers, members, and business partners.
- Utilizes imaging and data depository systems to respond to research inquiries and requests.
- Creates and maintains a record of voided checks and check tracers for informational retrieval and audit purposes.
Requirements for Payables Accountant:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business and 2+ years of general accounting, accounts payable or disbursement accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge Accounts Payables processes.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, email, and calendaring software.
- Process detailed data in an accurate manner.
- Exercises good judgment in confidential matters.
- Ability to plan and organize own work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours during periods of heavy workloads.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.