Our client, a leading healthcare company dedicated to revolutionizing the industry, is looking for a Payroll Analyst for their Portland location. This position is instrumental for administrating the end-to-end payroll process, running and balancing bi-weekly payroll, and ensuring all employees are paid. Our ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with payroll laws, regulations, and compliance at a multi-state level. If you are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and customer focus, we want to hear from you!
Type: Contract – Highly probable of turning permanent for the right candidate.
Pay: 34.00 – 37.00 hourly (DOE)
Location: 100% Remote Starting out – Will turn hybrid at the beginning of the year. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Key Responsibilities for Payroll Analyst:
- Oversees and responds to all internal/external questions pertaining to daily processing of payroll.
- Supports business activities across all operational states maintaining a high level of work quality.
- Responsible for follow up with the staff on policies and daily processing issues. Makes production decisions regarding outstanding issues that need immediate resolution.
- Reviews department procedures and recommends changes or updates and assists with implementation activities. Oversees user maintenance of applicable systems, works with various internal departments to resolve system issues.
- Assists in improving departmental performance by identifying and evaluating work trends, helping develop appropriate actions, identifying training needs and orienting new employees.
- Recommends actions when problems or issues related to Payroll processing are identified.
- Assists in the maintenance and development of desk procedures, policies and procedures. May assist in generating user documentation for processes, policies and procedures in response to business changes and ensures staff are updated on any changes or modifications.
- Performs timely and accurate calculations for termination payments. Monitors and audits Wisely Pay Card set up and funding.
- Responsible for overseeing quarterly and annual updates to department process documentation. Facilitates partnership in other business areas to ensure their input is included.
- Conducts bi-weekly audits of payroll processing files and data ensuring employees are paid on an accurate and timely basis.
Requirements/Qualifications for Enterprise Payroll Analyst:
- 3+ years of previous Payroll experience is required. (5-10 years preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Human Resources or related field is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of state, federal and local tax regulations and laws is required
- Must have strong MS Excel skills and experience. (Spreadsheet development, Report Generation, Presentation Development)
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance with Leave of Absence rules and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and coordinate activities with varying levels of staff, leaders and external vendors
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
KG / BH #9421