Commercial Loan Support Specialist
Commercial Loan Support Specialist
Our client is looking for a Commercial Loan Support Specialist to join their Portland, OR. branch. This is a direct hire opportunity! This role works closely with the relationship managers and business partners. You will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support in the areas of documentation, loan servicing, and reporting. Our ideal candidate will have 3 years of banking experience.
Schedule: M-F, 8:15AM-5:15PM
Location: Portland, OR. Work will be performed in office!
Responsibilities of a Commercial Loan Support Specialist:
- Provide excellent personal customer service to all internal and external clients.
- Complete loan documentation checklist for pre and post-closing compliance.
- Orders title reports, real estate appraisals, environmental reports, UCC searches, 3rd party payoffs, flood determinations.
- Verifies bank is in collateral position as determined by loan approval.
- Obtains proof of borrowing authority including but not limited to articles of organization, articles of incorporation, bylaws, operating agreements, partnership agreements, and public record information.
- Ensures all loans meet all insurance and flood requirements to appropriately protect collateral by obtaining flood certifications prior to loan closing and following for all necessary insurance for the life of the loan.
- Works with Loan Operations to order loan documents.
- Ensures correct combination of documents will be prepared/received for each transaction to secure legal interests of the Bank and follow the Bank and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Prepares loan draw requests for approval, then follows for accurate disbursement of funds, followed by scanning and documenting loan file with completed draw request.
- Maintains related paper and electronic file systems so that necessary documents can be found easily, and documentation is consistent and complete.
- Keeps track of all costs associated with loans to ensure all are paid or addressed at closing.
- Follows pending or expiring ticklers.
- Process customer service requests including address updates, 1099 requests, loan statement requests, etc.
- Completes additional Department and Compliance training as assigned.
- Maintains compliance with Bank’s BSA/AML policies and procedures.
- Provides direct & indirect customer service by giving advice and answers for a variety of basic to complex questions to clients and colleagues, exhibiting the necessary follow through with clients and/or colleagues.
Requirements of a Commercial Loan Support Specialist:
- Associate’s degree or three (3) years of related experience.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and technical information, periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Proven strong skills in computer terminal and experience with Word, Excel, and specialty software programs.
- Superior organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills, to ensure maximum productivity.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PS / #9701