Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Our client, an educational nonprofit based in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. This is a senior level position with expectations for both technical leadership, and a force to grow and sustain positive, high energy technology company culture. The Senior Software Engineer creates high-quality craftsmanship-level software for clients and internal users and are expected to be experts in the software languages used. This includes meeting all requirements/specifications, testing/QA requirements, methodologies and other software/product requirements. This position must be adaptable to changing technology environments and work collaboratively with all participants in a software development project. The Senior Software Engineer may be called upon to fulfill functions related to software development that are not specifically software programming, such as requirements gathering, producing documentation, quality assurance testing, mentoring other developers, and leading projects. This position provides technical guidance and serves as a mentor/resources to the more junior level Software Engineer roles.
This is a 6-month temporary position with possibility for assignment extension. Candidates may work remotely from any location in the United States. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Write awesome code
- Create prototypes to help clarify software requirements
- Create realistic design specification documents from software requirements
- Plan and perform development tasks from design specifications
- Provide accurate time estimates for development tasks
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to resolve software defects
- Provide mentoring on software design, construction, development methodologies, and best practices.
- Mentors less experienced engineers in understanding the ‘big picture’ of company objectives, constraints, inter-team dependencies, etc.
- Participate in creating standards and ensuring team members adhere to standards, such as security patterns, logging patterns, etc.
- Perform code reviews of constructed software deliverables
- Collaborate with project architects and assist team members to prove the validity of new software technologies
- Engage and improve our software development methodology.
- Promote AGILE processes among development and the business, including facilitation of scrums.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including the application of design patterns and avoidance of anti-patterns
- Experience working in a collaborative team of application developers and source code repositories
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with all tasks, promises and commitments
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within priorities
- Ability to advocate ideas and to objectively participate in design critiques
- Ability to work under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced understanding of software design concepts
- Understanding of software development methodologies
- Ability to solve large scale complex problems
- Instill trust: gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Communicate effectively: develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer focus: build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Drive results: consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
Education and Experience Desired:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4 - 7 plus years of progressive experience in a software development environment in high growth technology companies
- Proven experience with multiple completed projects with significant, clearly attributable individual design and implementation contributions.
- Proven experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including a database, network, operating system, and containers.
- Deep knowledge of more than one programming language or technology stack.
- Demonstrable mastery in Java technologies (such as Spring framework), application servers, Web Services, relational databases and NoSQL datastores, and ORM frameworks (such as JPA, Hibernate).
- Extensive experience in design and development of highly scalable and available web scale applications deployed in a micro-services-based environment
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP 9731 & 9732