Senior Software Engineer – Data
Senior Software Engineer - Data
Our client is looking for their next Senior Software Data Engineer. In the role, you will work with the Software Engineering Data team, on the reliability and accuracy of the systems and data used within the computerized testing and reporting applications. You will focus on building and testing production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption using cloud data pipelines and data warehouse platforms (AWS Redshift, Snowflake, etc.). You love data consistency and integrity and are passionate about data infrastructure. If this sounds like the work you enjoy, let us know!
The Senior Data Engineer may be called upon to fulfill functions related to software development that are not specifically software programming, such as requirements gathering, producing documentation, quality assurance testing, mentoring other developers, and leading projects. This position provides technical guidance and serves as a mentor/resources to the more junior level Software Engineer roles. This is a temporary assignment for 6 months with possible assignment extension. Candidates may work remotely from any location within the United States.
Pay Rate / Range: $60-66/hr
Location: Portland, OR – remote within US
Contract Duration: 6- month Contract with possible extension
Position Responsibilities for Senior Software Engineer - Data:
- Help drive the design, prototype, implementation, of cloud data platforms, including ETL, data processing (Redshift, Snowflake), orchestration, and related applications
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality in their data pipelines
- Support and advise internal teams on how to integrate multiple sources of data into the data platform
- Collaborate with quality engineers to resolve software defects
- Provide mentoring on software design, construction, development methodologies, and best practices.
- Collaborate with project architects and assist team members to prove the validity of new software technologies
Position Requirements for Senior Software Engineer - Data:
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including the application of design patterns and avoidance of anti-patterns
- 4 plus years of progressive experience in a software development environment in high growth technology companies
- Proven experience with multiple completed projects with significant, clearly attributable individual design and implementation contributions
- Proven experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including a database, network, operating system, and containers
- Experience with AWS (S3, Glue, EC2, ECS, Lambda) and Data Platform such as Redshift, Snowflake
- Fluency in SQL and database technologies
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (Go experience a plus)
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.