IT Security Engineer
IT Security Engineer
Location: Portland, OR (Open to remote)
Position Type: Direct Hire
Primary Job Purpose for the IT Security Engineer:
We are seeking an experienced security engineer with a high degree of competency in threat detection, network security, traffic analysis, hunting for malicious activity, and initiating response actions to work with IT, DevOps, and other departments in support of internal and external-facing projects and products. The Security Engineer will handle phishing & security investigations, manage training, software, service & security reviews and perform security configurations of various tools/platforms.
Minimum Requirements for the IT Security Engineer:
- Requires a minimum of 3-5+ years of related experience in IT administration, IT security, Security Op-Center operations, Incident response, and investigation
- Experience with cloud security concepts and technologies (for example, securing & investigating AWS services or Azure IaaS & PaaS services).
- Certifications in both network and system areas; valid certifications from (Cisco/Palo Alto Networks/Juniper/Sophos, Microsoft/Apple/Linux)
- At least one current security-oriented certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, CIPP, CASP+, CySA+, CEH, CRISC, CGEIT, SANS or GIAC certs, etc.)
- Possesses strong technical curiosity, is self-motivated, collaborative, and able to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse, cross-functional team (i.e., legal, privacy, human resources, IT, physical security, and internal fraud functions) to perform independent verification and validation analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and understanding of change management
- Demonstrated knowledge of procedures of malicious threat activity (i.e., insider threat, fraud, theft, sabotage, espionage, etc.) associated with behavioral analysis threat hunting
- Coordinate with stakeholders to tune and improve detection capabilities or to aid in investigations or respond to incidents
- Analyze alerts as well as develop new escalation triggers and reporting on an ongoing basis
- Experience with email phishing and triage of associated alerts
- Support Cisco and virtualized network topology, configuration, and maintenance
- Technical infrastructure experience implementing, reviewing, and/or managing medium to large scale (preferably back end/core) compute, network, and other strategically critical infrastructure-related projects
- Escalation point for security support both inside IT and the Organization
- Familiarity with application orchestration solutions such as: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, CloudFoundry, etc. is desired
- Alignment with the core values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment
Position Responsibilities for the IT Security Engineer:
- Ensure prompt vulnerability escalations to reduce risk
- Review, triage, and coordinate responses or actions between the infrastructure team and the business
- Assess and handle security events from numerous tools examples to evaluate could be Phishing, DDoS, and Attempted Ransomware attacks
- Evaluate configuration of internal and external security tools, work with teams to expand security posture
- Research and educate internal resources of best approaches for optimal security configurations and usage on existing and future tool sets.
- Work with on Security, System, Network, and Development Engineers to design security controls, or resolve security issues
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.