IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst
Our technology client, located onsite in Beaverton, OR, is seeking an experienced IT Security Analyst. This role will support and monitor the Cyber Security practices working with technical teams throughout the organization, leveraging Cyber Security processes and tools to deliver an end-to-end proactive cybersecurity architecture.
The Security Analyst is responsible for cybersecurity incident triage & initial response, security operations, and maintaining multiple security risk management systems. Needs to have a mid-level of understanding of system and network architecture, OSI model, compensating security controls, access controls & methodologies, and knowledge of Application Security Risks (Such as OWASP top 10). Experience working with development tools and teams a plus.
This position is a direct hire role with a robust benefit package. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of the IT Security Analyst:
- Monitor and test intrusion prevention, intrusion detection, and firewall rules in alignment with security policies, ensuring change management best practices.
- Utilize industry tools like Rapid7, Tenable, Office 365, AlienVault, Azure Security Center, X-Ray, Nessus, Nmap, CrowdStrike, Lacework and CyberChaff to accurately analyze and report on the overall health of all deployed networks to determine systems security weaknesses and shortfalls.
- Work with network team to verify secure configurations on Cisco routers and switches as well as access control lists (ACL) and firewall configuration.
- Perform incident analysis, recommend remediation steps, and orchestrate available resources to respond per appropriate incident response plans.
- Work with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Analyze alerts as well as develop new escalation triggers and reporting on an ongoing basis in security systems. (e.g., vulnerability and compliance scanning).
- Monitor & recognizing vulnerabilities
- Analyze and report organizational security posture trends.
- Analyze and report system security posture trends.
- Perform security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for inclusion in the risk mitigation strategy.
- Work with the Development, System, Network, and Support teams to ensure security devices/tools are correctly configured to monitor, track, and analyze networks/systems for potential security violations.
Qualifications of the IT Security Analyst:
- 3+ years of Information Technology experience with 2+ years in a security-related role
- Certifications desirable in both network and system areas such as certificates from (Cisco/Juniper/Microsoft/Apple/Red Hat)
- Security certifications desirable from (Cisco/(ISC)2/Microsoft/SANS/GIAC/EC-Council)
- Comfortable with interfacing with other internal or external organizations regarding security policy and standards violations, security controls failure and incident response situations
- A passion for learning new technologies
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.