Program Specialist, Digital Live Music
Bilingual Music Specialist / Performer
Our client, a well-known non-profit in the Pacific Northwest is looking for a Bilingual Music Specialist/Performer to join their team! This position operates remotely, and regularly interacts and communicates with pediatric patients ages 0-20, their families, hospital personnel, and team members, in a virtual setting. Ideal candidate will be a multi-faceted musician and vocalist who is proficient playing string and/or other instruments (guitar, ukulele, and/or keyboard are primarily used in this role) in a wide variety of different genres as well as having a comfort level with music-based technology applications (tablet computers, web-based music programs and other digital music hardware and software). Someone who has the ability to encourage kids and teens to find joy thru music, e.g. playing, singing, exploring, learning, and connecting with others through recreational music, informal song writing, impromptu lessons, and music technology.
This role allows you to make an impact on a child and their family. It is meaningful work that can have hard days, but you will have a team that can relate with and support you. Not every child is the same, so you must be able to read the room and pivot quickly. You are cool with doing songs from Disney to Ed Sheeran to BTS.
If you are looking for a mission-driven company that gives back to their community, and think you might be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Location: Remote – Local candidates ideal.
Responsibilities of a Music Specialist/Performer:
- Preference for bilingual capacity, particularly Spanish.
- Provide live music through virtual platforms in 1:1 setting for children in a variety of hospital units at pediatric healthcare environments.
- Facilitate structured and improvised musical group experiences, such as live concerts and musical activities to multiple patients at one time.
- Provide basic recreational music lessons via virtual platforms.
- Provide digital music application instruction and exploration.
- Provide access to exclusive artist greetings, digital instruments, games, interactive lessons, and concerts.
- Participate and perform for digital hospital concerts and at other virtual events.
- Ability to work in an emotionally complex and constantly changing environment with children, teens, and family members who are under stress, in pain, or undergoing medical procedures, and deliver music services that support the child, family, and the hospital staff, as appropriate to the situation.
- Knowledgeable of current and popular music for kids and teens with the ability to improvise in the moment.
- A quick learner with a sense of humor that is willing to independently, experiment, fail, and try again.
- A direct communicator with strong social and communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with team and supervisor while working remotely, keeping colleagues informed of successes, challenges, workload, etc.
- Foster a culture of positive impact; be personable, self-confidant, optimistic, and enthusiastic.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Able to work rotating days and hours within a team, possibly including evenings and weekends
Requirements of a Music Specialist/Performer:
- Bachelor's degree or comparable professional experience in therapeutic music, education, music performance, counseling, and/or social work.
- Strong musical performer in both live and pre-recorded settings, vocally and with instruments.
- Proficient technical knowledge of various web-based platforms and basic recording equipment, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, live-streaming, and audio/visual recording set-up and file-sharing
- Experience working directly with children and teenagers.
- Experience working in a medical setting and/or medical knowledge preferred.
- Experience working remotely and virtually preferred.
- Experience performing music, preferably with kids and teens.
- High emotional intelligence; display empathy, transparency, trust, and thoughtfulness in interactions with colleagues and external partners.
- Proven emotional intelligence with ability to adapt nimbly and appropriately based on observed nonverbal and verbal cues and in-the-moment circumstances
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.