Vice President of Finance
Andersen Construction was founded by HA “Andy” Andersen in 1950 with a few thousand borrowed pick-up truck and a few thousand dollars. Throughout the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s Andersen became one of Oregon’s largest general contractors. Focus on large distribution centers and a strong partnership with Fred Meyer shopping centers. Notable projects during this time included the West Interchange of the I-405 Bridge in Portland and a 2,000,000 square foot Fred Meyer Distribution Center and the Bellevue Red Lion. Over the next four decades Andersen continued growth by expanding its footprint with offices in Boise, Seattle, and Eugene. Since then, the market demand has shifted to the point today, more than 95% of the work assignments involve Andersen providing CM/GC & GC/CM, Negotiated GMP, Integrated Project Delivery and Design-Build services.
It is Andersen’s mission to be a value-added member of our client’s preconstruction and construction team.
The Andersen team is accountable to one another, their clients, and partners to uphold the company values. Andersen values a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and seek to build upon our growth with each relationship.
Learn more about Andersen at Andersen Construction.
The Vice President of Finance will effectively provide strategic financial leadership and strategic planning for Andersen Construction. This is an opportunity representing a rich history of dynamic committed industry leaders.
The VP of Finance will work with the leadership team to design and implement strategic planning and management of all the company’s financial business objectives. Operating in a fast-paced environment, the VP of Finance will develop goals, budgets, financial plans and strategies to ensure efficient and profitable operations. Working with the leadership team you will collaborate in developing and implementing the financial vision of the organization, while ensuring that both the current and future direction is effectively executed. This role will demonstrate alignment with the mission of the organization to be the builder of choice across the region. This leader will build new relationships with our financial partners and organizations, think creatively and holistically about how to be in partnership, and be transformational and impactful with our business initiatives.
As the Vice President of Finance, you will be responsible for driving and managing the comprehensive financial planning, forecasting and business analysis to enable Andersen to align its resources with the achievement of strategic goals. You will work closely with the leadership team to develop key metrics, modeling and strategic decision making. As the VP of Finance, you will help lead the development of strategic business plans to properly capitalize the company. In this role you will evaluate new opportunities and ensure systems are in place to deliver return on investment targets. This is a highly visible role and will be a key member of the strategic decision-making process.
- Understand the market and how to capitalize on new business opportunities using a creative and entrepreneurial approach.
- Develop formal mechanisms for and maintain ongoing practices that support long term business plans supporting company delivery methods and growth.
- Seek, identify and maximize bridging opportunities, supporting and engaging in networking that attracts allies with financial institutions to advance initiative’s strategic goals.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans to maximize cash flow and value.
- Oversee and prepare annual financial plans, quarterly forecasts, month-end reporting and analysis of budget-to-actual results, various dashboards for management and investor reporting, trend analysis, and ad hoc analysis to support leadership decision-making.
- Lead the development of new strategies and approaches that address emerging needs, leverage opportunities, and reflect best and emerging promising practices, ensuring the agility and responsiveness of the initiatives.
- Partner with other business leaders, consultants to ensure financial and initiative success indicators are in place to track and assess progress toward strategic goals.
- Manage the organization’s budget process, rolling forecast and long-range plans.
- Develop and disseminate standard monthly reporting for all departmental leaders, comparing actual financial performance vs. plan, latest forecast, with monthly variance analysis and insightful commentary.
- Develop finance and business presentations such as Executive team presentations, Senior Leadership Team presentations and presentations to external constituents, including to Andersen’s business partners.
- Offer personal interest and commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive work environment that places a high value on equity.
- Participate in promoting a positive workplace culture of collaboration, innovation, and respect. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment (please refer to Andersen Diversity).
- Engage in equity trainings and serve on related work groups as needed.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant and distinguished work experience (8+ years) in fields relevant to financial leadership, financial strategic planning & analysis roles, and entrepreneurial acuity.
- BS Finance/Business/Accounting. MBA preferred
- Advanced proficiency in financial scenario development and deep understanding of complex financial concepts.
- Ability to think strategically with sound judgement and problem-solving skills with particular focus on “measuring what matters” and recommend actions to engage opportunity.
- Ability to communicate and build authentic relationships with senior executives.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and the confidence to engage on a variety of topics impacting business or industry related matters.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and several urgent demands or pivots as needed.
- Team player with a positive attitude and enjoy the people you work with each day.
- Ability to embrace an equitable and inclusive culture and willingness to work to maintain it.
- Exceptional team collaborative leadership and facilitative management skills with an understanding of the difference between leadership and management – and the ability to exercise both.
- A demonstrated willingness to reiterate a strategy and approach, with the ability to course correct as necessary.
- Effective prioritization skill with sound organizational skills.
- A willingness to challenge conventional thinking coupled with the ability to collaborate effectively and encourage dialogue.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal awareness, and excellent listening skills; a communication style that reflects clarity, authenticity, transparency, humor and approachability.
- Capacity to see connections and leverage partnerships and opportunities with Andersen investments, finance, communications, and operations functions to further Andersen’s goals.
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Andersen is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and compliance with all federal, state and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, Andersen ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race; color; age; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; religion; marital status; national origin or ancestry; citizenship; lawful alien status; physical, mental or medical disability; veteran status; or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
Transgender, gender non-conforming and gender non-binary job applicants, as well as applicants with disabilities and applicants with criminal record histories, are encouraged to apply.