BI Data Warehouse Architect
BI Data Architect
Primary Job Purpose:
Our client is seeking a BI Data Architect that will actively contribute to the company's success by performing a key role in designing, building, and supporting our enterprise Business Intelligence architecture including Data Warehouse and Reporting Solutions which enable key business users to make solid business decisions.
Direct Hire Role!
Requirements for the BI Data Architect:
- 5+ years of technical integration experience with a Business Intelligence and/or ETL tool
- Experience with the Oracle ODI application including packaged cloud connectors
- Desirable: experience with Oracle E-Business Suite financials
- Proven ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in all facets of software development life cycle
- Proficient in business/system analysis, risk assessment, process flow and design
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Business, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of software tools
- Experience with large multifaceted companies and divisions desired
- Ability to work effectively with users at remote locations
- Travel as required (+/- 5%)
- Remote work opportunity
Key Responsibilities for the BI Data Architect:
- Define Business Intelligence Strategy based on current business and information technology realties. Define, design, and implement Business Intelligence (BI) strategies for operational, ad-hoc, and other BI related solutions.
- Work directly with IT and business users to facilitate, define, and document data requirements as the foundation for database design, data extraction, analysis, and cleansing.
- Assist in the definition, documentation, and development of mapping rules for movement of data from bespoke data sources and into the various components and subject areas of the BI environment.
- Create data models including robust data definitions, entity-relationship-attribute models, as well as relational and/or dimensional models.
- Design and implement Business Intelligence, information quality & information management governance.
- Provide hands-on data modeling (relational and dimensional) for Data Warehouse and overall BI environment.
- Provide best practices and guidance regarding use of ETL, data modeling (relational and dimensional), and reporting deliverables.
- Ability to understand and support legacy solutions and reports while migrating to a long-term cloud strategy.
- Design and build complex relational data structures.
- Work with technical and business users to understand requirements then identify, and design multiple solution options as well as determine and recommend a right-sized approach.
- Develop strategies for data acquisition, archive recovery, and enterprise level database implementation.
- Develop and build comprehensive data validation and error processes as a component within the “End to End” BI solution architecture.
Key Skills & Attributes for the BI Data Architect:
- Innovative thinker who remains flexible and maintains the ability to manage change among varied resources.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills and the capability to lead to completion enterprise level initiatives.
- Capable of identifying technical challenges shared by different applications and processes in a business and can capitalizes on opportunities to simplify and unify the architectural structure.
- Significant experience with design, development, and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- In-depth expertise with data security, storage solutions, database virtualization and replication.
- Expert level SQL skills.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and proven experience delivering both.
- Expert knowledge of ETL concepts, development, and experience.
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to influence without authority. Good liaison skills and negotiation capabilities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Competencies for the BI Data Architect:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the company, or any affiliate of the company) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Leadership – Maximizes one’s personal level of social influence to maximize the efforts of others, towards the achievement of a common goal while realizing that failure and recovery is an acceptable speedbump in the road to success.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current and developing strategic information requirements in a manufacturing, retail or metals and mining business discipline.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to clientele in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed systems.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.