Contract/Acquisition Specialist/Administrator 2 (10214)
Contract Acquisition Administrator
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for a Contract Acquisition Administrator for their Vancouver, Washington location. In this role you will provide support to Contracting Officers with draft and preparation of solicitations, contracts, and master contract releases. You’ll be assisting with market research, assisting with internal clients on statement work and project timelines and answering any contract questions as needed. Our ideal candidate is someone who is well organized, has excellent communication skills, and proactive. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis, employee benefits are also included!
Pay Rate / Range: $33.00 – 34.00 hourly, DOE
Location: Vancouver, Washington – Local candidates only.
Responsibilities of Contract Acquisition Administrator:
- Gather, review, draft and/or edit contract documents, including the process of award decisions per established procedure and as directed by Contracting Officer (CO).
- Gather, review, and organize vendor, contracting and project team data to provide information to contract team.
- Coordinate project/program delivery schedules and questions with the Team and Project Managers.
- Identify and communicate to contracting officers, and/or project team members, internal and external roadblocks which may impact schedules and escalate to team manager.
- Escalate vendor and team issues to respective COs. May act as communications facilitator for project team and vendor(s).
- Research legal, contract information, company information, etc.
- Draft communication / letters (e.g. correspondence to vendors, internal email etc.).
- Aid on drafting solicitation documentation for review and approval by CO.
- Issue solicitation packages as directed by CO.
- Assist in developing master agreements/releases documents.
- Assist in tracking outstanding materials delivery and contract close out documentation as directed by CO
- Perform cost/price analysis and make recommendations based upon that analysis.
- Aid in developing/reviewing statements of work (SOWs).
- Conduct market research; gather, review and organize market information as requested or directed.
- Assist the Contracting Officer (CO) in arranging and conducting of meetings with contractors and clients.
- Gather and facilitate customer information and provide procurement standardized guidance/procedures to customer(s) on established contract and solicitation processes.
- Enter data into company ERP systems. May extract and format data ERP systems for use in presentations to supply chain and/or customer teams
Requirements of Contract Acquisition Administrator:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field is preferred, specifically in Supply and Logistics Management is highly preferred.
- With bachelor’s degree, 2+ years’ experience of direct-related Constructions or Architectural Engineering Procurement experience is required.
- Without bachelor’s 3+ years’ experience of direct-related Constructions or Architectural Engineering Procurement experience is required. PLUS, 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Service procurement with an emphasis in federal procurement (the Federal Acquisition Regulations or FAR) and/or other public sector procurement preferred. Proposal preparation or buying experience performed in a private company is also acceptable.
- Understanding of construction or architectural engineering procurement is required.
- Previous experience with SharePoint is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in the energy/utility industry is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated editing and proofreading skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
KG / BH #9927