Our client, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to support their Portland, Oregon location. As a DevOps Engineer, you will design, build and manage a world class infrastructure to support our client’s products and mission. Our team consists of forward-thinking individuals who want to disrupt the traditional mold through progressive design and implementation practices.
If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of DevOps Engineer:
- Maintain and automate multiple Redhat / CentOS Linux environments via Puppet and Foreman
- Participate in continuous integration efforts and Agile software development processes to support regular software releases for our SaaS platform
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and deployment of new technologies and tools
- Work with colleagues to optimize overall system performance. This includes working with applications, network, storage, database and server technology
- Provide support to internal and external clients, including participation in the 24x7 on-call rotation
- Perform system audits, document findings, and publish recommendations
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization
Traits for success…
- Proven analytical abilities, diagnostic skills and technical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of individuals, in a highly collaborative, complex and changing environment
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of processes and procedures and lead improvement efforts include documenting and implementing
- Excellent listening skills and a commitment to communicate clearly, completely, and in a timely manner
- Ability to work unsupervised and seek out work with minimal direction
- Must be able to perform the physical and intellectual requirements of the role, with or without accommodation
- Instill trust: gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Communicate effectively: develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer focus: build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Drive results: consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
Qualifications/Requirements of DevOps Engineer:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience in:
- Building and maintaining operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of infrastructure and systems
- VM virtualization
- Minimum 3-5 years AWS related experience in:
- EC2 / EC2 Management
- AWS Networking
- Designing cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available in the cloud
- Building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CloudFront, S3)
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with CI/CD processes and methods especially in the cloud with Atlassian tool sets
- Experience ensuring configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Experience automating using Nodejs, Python, HTML, Shell or Ruby.
- Experience in 24x7 high availability production/sustaining processes, including remote administration
- Experience or exposure with the following is a plus:
- AMI management
- Managed Kafka
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP / 9943 ($60-66)