Patient Access Specialist
Portland’s largest hospital is seeking a Patient Access Specialist to join their team! This position is responsible for gathering and recording required information about patients, and providing customer service. They will support the practice by providing superior customer service in a busy, fast-paced environment through prompt and professional communication, excellent problem-solving skills, and functioning as a team member to the other staff.
- Gathers and records required information about patients; provides specific customer service, which includes: scheduling physician office, cancer treatment appointments, and ancillary appointments, and assisting patients in an office or practice setting.
- Responsible for checking patients in and out; confirming health insurance coverage and individual’s obligations, collecting co-pays; arranging labs; scheduling new and follow-up patient appointments, answering phones, and opening/closing clinic
- Responsible for verifying patient eligibility and securing referral/authorization prior to the outpatient appointment or inpatient admission.
- Greets patients over the phone. This includes, but is not limited to, careful review of insurance benefits and demographic information, confirming insurance eligibility, and/or authorization, checking patient account numbers and corrects any problems, seeking advice from Central Registration as required.
- Work experience in a medical office setting, including high volume direct patient contact, is required.
- Successful completion of the PAS Trainee position is required.
- Proficiency in computer applications is required.
- Computer keyboarding skills including typing of 30 - 45 WPM is required.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Status MM5313081227