System Administrator 3
Portland, OR - Added Nov 26th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
System Administrator 3
This Systems Administrator 3 position will provide high-level support to Infrastructure Administrative Services within the IT department at a well-known utility company. This position will serve on the Identity and Access Management team supporting Access Control and remote access administration or Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring in a Windows environment. Access Administration support is performed using a combination of Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC), PowerShell scripts and Windows Workflow management tools. Access administration follows the Role Based Access Control (RBAC) model where accounts are placed into security groups that follow best practices for least privilege access. The System Administrator performs a variety of systems administration tasks (testing, configuring, migrating, upgrading, patching, enhancing, documenting, validating security compliance, etc.) supporting the Infrastructure Admin Services team.
- Act as the organizational point of contact for access administration in support of the help desk ticketing and/or incident management requests for permissions to applications, files, and servers; granted via membership in security groups. Respond / process requests as appropriate.
- Support Microsoft Active Directory by verifying security groups with IO, ISO, and Delegates, converting security groups to new Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) methods, and migrating security groups as requested.
- Provide Microsoft Windows Active Directory support in the administration of directory maintenance and tasks.
- Maintain and administer systems software, applications software and all configurations, as they pertain to the IAM program and as required/requested. This work includes tasks (such as IT testing, implementation, documentation, etc.) for system upgrades, patches, and enhancements and other changes.
- Facilitate and participate in information technology planning, providing analytical support and coordination of technical resources; collaborate and facilitate efforts with other departments.
- Perform analysis of system capability; develop functional and system requirements; complete business process design and workflow; verify integration with other modules, system components, and other company applications.
- Apply and maintain system security documentation and act as a collaboration point of contact for the company Cyber and Physical Security organizations for issues related to Identity Management and Access Control security issues. Validate IAM security requirements and timelines are implemented and complied with.
- Collaborate, and work, with company's IT Security Office to update, revise, add and validate assigned systems comply with all security requirements.
- Provide technical input and recommendations, as a non-voting participant, for potential acquisitions in area of expertise.
- Provide systems administration support for any new systems added to company’s IT infrastructure, assisting with testing, configuration, integration and implementation efforts, including developing test plans, implementation schedule, scope, dependencies, documentation, and user training.
- Collaborate with company’s Legal Office to enact ‘Litigation Hold’ administrative actions; and, confer with company workplace manager or federal team lead on a routine basis for status updates and/or any issues or concerns.
- Create, develop/draft and recommend cross training and functional documentation of subject matter for company audiences; conduct User training on an individual or group basis as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Information Technology or closely-related technical discipline is preferred.
- 10 years combination of education and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or a closely-related field is required.
- 2 years experience with Windows Server Tools (such as Active Directory Users and Computers).
- 2 years experience providing system administration support for Remote Access Administration.
- 2 years experience providing assistance in analysis of system capabilities.
- 2 years experience facilitating and delivering system training.
- 2 years experience participating in information technology planning.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE6001561126