Carrier Development Manager
Lake Oswego, OR - Added Aug 24th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Carrier Development Manager
We are a thriving local, mid-sized transportation company with a core foundation of respect, integrity, follow-through, and superior customer service. We believe in who we are and what we do and are currently seeking an Carrier Development Manager to join our movement forward into change and growth! The candidate that we are looking for will be one that loves what they do, takes control of their desk, and wants to work in a down-to-earth work family.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Develop, build and strengthen carrier network through existing and new carrier relationships, while coaching and leading a team to do the same, both transactions and strategically.
- Maximizes business results through the planning, execution, and growth of the company carrier development program. Works closely with internal operations, sales, and support teams, in strategic planning of existing and new carrier platforms for long-term business opportunities. Assists in management of relationships with carrier base to provide effective solutions for revenue growth, retention and customer satisfaction in order to achieve goals and objectives.
- Provides direct and indirect reports with coaching, development, tools, resources, information, and overall support to meet individual and company goals.
- Develop and support operations for expanded revenue opportunities via the expansion of committed carrier base.
- Implement a system to increase and sustain carrier utilization and expansion of carrier network.
- Collaborates with the management team to identify, define, and implement carrier support.
- Direct and frequent contact with internal/external stakeholders to understand the current state of service.
- Establish and manage carrier performance tracking and regularly review process improvements.
- Provide ongoing analysis in areas such as pricing/negotiating of large contract bids, and strategic areas/lanes of interest.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Assists and actively participates in training, education, and standardization of carrier program and processes.
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Education: 4-year degree preferred
- 3-5 years industry specific experience with logistics/carrier procurement preferred
- Driven, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and results focused
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including persuasion and negotiation
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service
- Strong time management skills to balance new customer hunting while supporting existing accounts
- Ability to work independently, and in a team, in a deadline-driven office environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: MP842962824