Operations Analyst 2
Vancouver, WA - Added Oct 19th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Operations Analyst 2
Vancouver’s largest energy company is looking to add a Senior Operations Analyst to their team! The Operations Analyst will collaborate with technical subject matter experts to develop and monitor strategic compliance, cybersecurity, and IT/OT asset management strategies. In addition, this position concentrates on collecting and analyzing data, analyzing workflow, and developing process analysis and decision support information and documents. The Operations Analyst will work with internal business stakeholders and facilitate gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches, or developing new when needed, to: clarify business operations and functions, document and map current and future states, perform gap analysis, identify and evaluate solution alternatives, provide weighted recommendations and develop/draft processes and procedures for management approved direction. If this opportunity sounds of interest, don't hesitate to apply today!
Operations Analyst Responsibilities:
- Provide monitoring, review, analysis, and support for the Security and Compliance program; assessing that compliance evidence is reliable, consistent, and useful and providing recommendations as necessary. Analysis includes identifying potential impacts to programs and processes.
- Serve as a process point of contact for the organization.
- Draft/develop and recommend solutions, processes, and procedures required to achieve and sustain NERC CIP reliability compliance for the programs.
- Provide support for Transmission audits conducted by providing data call response coordination, data gathering, and technical writing.
- Provide quality assurance support to help the organization adhere to established compliance standards and guidelines; alert manager of any noted concerns or potential issues.
- Draft and recommend processes and procedures to support NERC CIP Mandatory Reliability standards and FISMA security controls implementation to include training materials and job aids to support above.
- Documentation necessary for reporting and audit requirements.
- Conduct cybersecurity reviews and analysis.
- Review business processes for maintaining information quality control and quality assurance and provide gap analysis for those processes. Recommend changes in processes and procedures to address such gaps.
- Create and maintain performance metrics on the quality of key business information.
- Develop and provide briefings, as requested, to staff and managers on information quality to raise awareness.
- Facilitate Risk Management Framework and supporting inputs, processes, documentation, and training materials; communicate options and recommendations to SMEs and management to solicit feedback and further course direction.
- Provide data call and industry survey support for the Transmission organization:
- Review and analyze existing documentation;
- Evaluate new or changing requirements;
- Enlist appropriate subject matter expert input;
- Draft Transmission responses for manager review and approval.
- Organize, monitor, analyze, evaluate and report on performance pertaining to data call artifacts collection and processes.
- Keep process artifacts up-to-date and of adequate quality (reliable, consistent, and useful).
Operations Analyst Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Computer Science or a directly-related discipline is preferred. (Associates degree in an applicable discipline may be substituted for 2 years required experience - see below).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Development or a related technical discipline is preferred. (Bachelor’s degree can be substituted for 4 years required experience - see below).
- A combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Development, or another related specialty.
- This is a Level 2 Position: 10+ years previous directly-related operations analysis experience is required without a degree. 6+ years with Bachelor’s Degree; 8+ years with Associate’s Degree).
- Proficiency in automated data systems to include SharePoint and Visio and a high degree of efficiency in technical dynamics of software output (e.g. use of advanced printing such as to plotters, capabilities of cross-software embedding for purposes of presentations, technical webinars, etc.).
- 1 + years Experience with North American Electric Reliability Corporation, Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) regulatory standards and requirements preferred
- 1+ years Experience with the Risk Management Framework and the 800 series of National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) Special Publications preferred
- Minimum 1years experience coordinating and maintaining NERC CIP requirements for an electrical utility or comparable public or private utility facilities preferred
- Knowledge of the application of Cyber Security practices within the Federal Environment or other electrical utility or comparable public or private utility facilities preferred
- CISSP or equivalent.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification preferred
- Technical writing and editing experience preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE2187391019